Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More LEO Antics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:55 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default More LEO Antics.

A couple of weeks ago I run into a buddy of mine who is a member of a local MC. He asks me if I was coming to their party in a couple of weeks. Well the party was this weekend so yesterday I ask my Father-in-law if he wants to ride out and see what's going on. This was a charity fund raiser with vendors, live music, etc. Held in a city park. When there is a private organization that rents the park for an event they can pay extra and get an alcohol permit. (no alcohol in public parks without) The city had refused them an alcohol permit. So my F-i-l and I ride out pay at the gate and roll in. Not two minutes after we get there 4 city police cars and three sherrifs dept cars show up (even one police car from the next town showed up). Three of which had two officers in them. (mind you, our town is small. There are only 5 police cars on patroll in a shift.) They circle the wagons so to speak. Get out and start wandering through the area. Next while the person in charge of the event is talking with the lieutenant in charge of the city officers the other leo's start tearing open the garbage bags by the trash cans and taking pictures of the contents. We are all just getting a good laugh out of this. One officer is walking around with his hand on his pistol with his holster unsnapped. The LT is told that no one at the party is carrying and she answers..."of course not, cause y'all are all convicted felons and aren't allowed to own firearms." Wow, Really? Did those words just come out of her mouth? So me and the F-i-l go sit down and watch to see what happens. Our bikes are at the far end of the parked line of bikes because we were the last ones to arrive before the cops did. Now, while we are sitting there another Sherrif deputy pulls up at the far end of the line of parked bikes and pulls a camera out of his car and starts taking pictures (starting with my bike) of the license plate of every bike in the park. Didn't know what he was doing at first just saw him squatting next to my bike. I tell my F-i-l, Let's go see what he's doing. We walk over there and see what he's doing. My F-i-l asks him "why are you taking pictures of the bikes?" his answer "Oh, I'm just an avid bike enthusiast". Anyway after about an hour they packed up and rolled out. We got back to enjoying ourselves and the band started playing. I just hope no one got robbed, raped or something while the entirety of our law enforcement was out doing important stuff like taking pictures of trash bags. They didn't come back later so I'm assuming that none of the plates they took pictures of and ran, came back as registered to wanted felons. Go figure.

Edit: The reason I mentioned the alcohol permit was because that is why they said they were out there. Because they knew that there would be drinking out there, and they were sent to make sure that didn't happen.

Last edited by SgtSkiddz; 06-26-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

hahaha ...and this surprises you why????????????? In the past a small town nearby use to stop hs school girls and housewives etc with their hand on their gun and then walk backward from the car....its funny and sad and it makes the cops look bad....and its so obvious to anyone with a brain.--they finally stopped doing it and things are much better since they ran out of money.

You gotta get some people to go talk at the next town meeting....go talk to the chief as well.If not its just going to continue and next time you/others might get busted for somthing/anything...dont say you wont because look at their behavior.Its rediculous.You never know what might happen and its best to cause as much trouble for them as you possibly can to make them want to avoid you.Just in case if their is any incidents in the future their is a paper trail in your favor.It sucks its gotta be like that but it is.----make sure you dont threaten..also dont beg and plead either....if you can bring yourself to make the chief feel good and then show how the cops are idiots it helps.....you are basically dealing with children here so its not that hard.

Edit--very curious as to what city this was if you dont mind.You can shoot me a message if you dont wanna say here.Dont worry i wont talk to the chief on your behalf.

Last edited by straydog13; 06-27-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Texas? You got that much trouble in Texas? What is the world coming to?

Sounds like we have about the same size town but from I can see our guys are pretty cool towards us riders. Every summer we have bike fest week and there will be thousands of bikes in the Lake area. They don't even bring reinforcements.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 147 Likes on 100 Posts

Reading this story made me think about the song "Alice's Restaraunt" by Arlo Gunthrie. Twenty seven 8x10 glossies with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ord sgt
Reading this story made me think about the song "Alice's Restaraunt" by Arlo Gunthrie. Twenty seven 8x10 glossies with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back.
Funny, I had the same thought!
What the heck it gave the Cops something to do, and you have a good story.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Twenty-seven 8 X 10 color glossy pictures with circles & arrows & a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence against us...

Thanks...Now it's stuck in my head.....

Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,777 Likes on 3,153 Posts

You are officially now a "known associate."

Congratulations!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had that here since the Chief and most of the guys on the department ride. We did check the carni workers when they used to roll in for the annual carnival. All we did was run their license plates, but as we know all carnival workers are straight as an arrow.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should've told them that they don't have to do that. If they were that hungry, you'd buy them a burger. They wouldn't have to go through the garbage.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

"Protect and Serve" has been officially changed to "Control and Dominate."

Quick Reply: More LEO Antics.