Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Little Joe's Leather Vest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:32 PM
rdowdy95
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Little Joe's Leather Vest?

Hey guys...I was looking at possibly purchasing the Lil Joe's Leather vest (SOA style). I was wondering about the sizing options.

I am a little different. I wear an XL T-Shirt size which I guess Haynes classifies as 46-48. My chest size is approx 43 inches though. I mean I guess my body would prefer a Large T-shirt size, but I hate the tightness under the arms, and I don't care to show off my chest muscles. LOL! Not to mention my awesome gut. My gut is smaller than my chest size so I use the chest measurement.

Anyways...I am about 5'11" - 6' tall...I am thinking about sizes here. They have on there website an XL size 42"-44" which would be skin tight I guess...Then they have the XXL 46"-48" which is my current T-Shirt size, and then they have a XXXL which is 50"-52" and sometimes I do wear a XXL Sweat Shirt just due to the fact they shrink like crazy after you wash them anyways...So what do you guys think...Should I go for the XXXL...I do like a baggier more loose feel...Or would that be to big for me? I would just like to be able to get a sweat shirt under it if need be for colder riding.

Thanks guys...again I am going back and forth between I guess XXL or XXXL 1inch collar. I am liking the shorter style not the 3 inch longer vest cause I don't mind if my under shirt or longsleeve shirt is longer than the vest.

I am looking at ordering from Dr. V-Twin...I have read nothing but good things about him on these forums.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:02 PM
stokes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would contact Dr V before you order I am sure he can give you the best advice as to size.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

At 6'1", 195 my xl lil joes fits like it was tailor made. Borderline snug. If you want a looser fit, then go xxl. If you want to be able to wear thicker clothes under the vest and still be loose, go with the xxxl

Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't plan on wearing it over your jacket, order your shirt size.
Otherwise order one size larger than your shirt.

I ordered through DR. V-TWIN over the phone, (Shawn) and was charged 50 cents over what they listed it for on their site.

Someone else said call them direct for a discount no one else could touch.
http://blackmagicapparel.com/shopsit...tml/index.html
For info & Phone Orders (800) 643-3321
Worth price checking on who will give you the better price.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:30 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wear a XXL and ordered through Dr. V Twin a XXL. I am 6'2", 250. It's just slightly tight when new, but has broken in fairly well. Any larger and I think it would bulge out. I have worn it with a hoodie and it's tight, but feels fine.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I wear an XXL and XL t shirt. I like my shirts loose and the vest fits me to my liking very well and will fit over my leather jacket as well. I tried on an XL and found it too tight for my taste. Kowan, since you live in CA, the tax always eats up the discount.

Drew

Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Qdraw
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'11 with a 42 chest (and pretty lean) and a large fits good. The T-shirt size works good. That does leave the vest a bit on the tight side if I wear it over my riding jacket... perfiect size over my Hoodie though. It does wear good under my jacket also... So it REALLY depends on how you are going to wear it.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:10 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member

5'11' 45 inch chest XXL fits me well over a shirt. I would not be able to wear it over a jacket. They say on their website to order one size larger than your T-shirt size.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,795 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by rdowdy95
Thanks guys...again I am going back and forth between I guess XXL or XXXL 1inch collar. I am liking the shorter style not the 3 inch longer vest cause I don't mind if my under shirt or longsleeve shirt is longer than the vest.
My guess is that a 2XL will probably work for you since you like your shirts to fit loose. You should also be able to fit a sweatshirt under your vest with no problem. You don't need the 3 inch longer vest unless you have a very long torso...you don't want your vest bunching up around your waist when you're sitting on your bike.

I'm 6' 1", 210 lbs (46" chest), and normally wear an XL T-Shirt. I originally ordered the 2XL vest, and it fit perfect over any shirts, or a very thin jacket. I ended up exchanging it for a 3XL so I could wear it over my heavier jackets. The 2XL was just too tight over my normal riding jackets.

Originally Posted by rdowdy95
I am looking at ordering from Dr. V-Twin...I have read nothing but good things about him on these forums.
Drew and Sean will hook you up. Best price out there.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I wear an XXL and XL t shirt. I like my shirts loose and the vest fits me to my liking very well and will fit over my leather jacket as well. I tried on an XL and found it too tight for my taste. Kowan, since you live in CA, the tax always eats up the discount.

Drew
Drew, I'm talking about Shawn charged me 50 cents more than it was listed on your site before tax. I knew I'd paid CA tax ordering it through you guys.
It was still less than the listed price @ http://blackmagicapparel.com/shopsit...tml/index.html at the time though.

Quick Reply: Question about Little Joe's Leather Vest?