General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight modulator

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Headlight modulator

I've been wanting a headlight modulator for my Heritage for some time. All I'd found were over 100 bucks, had to be wired in, etc. I wanted one that was 'Plug N Play.'

I found the VisiPath by Comagination. No wiring, Plug n Play, and under 80 dollars shipped.

http://www.comagination.com/

I ordered it last Sunday and it arrived today. The instructions were easy to follow and the unit was truly plug n play.

The only problem was I couldn't run the light sensor wire through the headlight wiring harness because the grommet is made only for the wires already there.

I drilled a small hole through the rear of the headlight housing, ran the wire through it and up next to the handlebars. The wire going through that drilled hole worries me a little, so I'm going by the hardware store tomorrow and get some of that liquid rubber stuff you coat plier handles with. That should coat both the wire and the hole to keep from rubbing through the wire. About the time I got everything back together it started raining. DAMN.

I cranked up my Harley and in the low light in the garage the modulator didn't work. So I lit up the sensor with my Streamlight TLR-1 and it works.

The modulator works when the headlight is on High beam. When I'm by myself in the daytime I'll keep it oh High. When I'm riding in a group and not in front I'll run it on Low.

I've seen other bikes with modulators and think it really makes them more noticeable. Hopefully it'll make mine noticed more and help keep some crazy cager from killing me.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the same unit for the same reasons for over a year now. Excellent product and I added their brake light modulator at the same time. We had a very close encounter with a cage and their excuse was they didn't us due to glare..........I could care less about the modulator bashers that will follow & post here, but get ready and good luck.
You'll like that modulator......

Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 PM
pturner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator

I have had these (comagination) for several years. i had one go bad, and the guy sent me another, but he wanted the old one back. really easy to deal with. only email communication is the only problem i have with them.
i run mine in high all the time, i have asked other riders in front if it bothers them when riding, and they dont seem to notice it.
i have had people in cars tell me they thought an emergency vehicle was coming when i came up behind the, so YES, it has the effect that i want it to have!!
thanks
Pat in Tennessee

Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pturner
I have had these (comagination) for several years....i have had people in cars tell me they thought an emergency vehicle was coming when i came up behind the, so YES, it has the effect that i want it to have!!

Same here.
It's amazing how people act when they think it's a cop.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Wadcutter
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel my modulator saved me twice just yesterday with 1/4 mile of each incident. I was on a 2 lane state highway and both incidents were vehicles rolling thru stop signs from side roads.
The first was a service truck. He pulled up to the stop sign and started to do a roll thru. Just as his front tires were on the highway pavement he hit the brakes and stopped. I was about 100 yds from the intersection.
Then about 1/4 mile down the road a young girl in a cage talking on a cell phone. This one was a bit closer. As I was near the intersection she pulled up to the stop sign, stopped, then started pulling out onto the highway in front of me then she locked it up and stopped.
I have a Kisan Pathblazer which I paid $60 on ebay. Modulators work.