General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride to Yellowstone to Spread Dads ashes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
lastson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely awesome tribute. Your dad will love it.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

very cool thing to do

Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

You are a great son. Very sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

My wife and myself did the same for her mom a little while back. Only it was all her moms favorate places in and around arizona. It was realy a great ride for all of us. You will always remember it.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
moparnut426
Advanced

Dad wanted to be in Yellowstone, His mothers, which we did, his Dads, and the Love of his life, He lost her in a freak drowning accident about 15yrs ago, and he honestly morned her till his death. There were many women he dated, but none of them held a candle to Darla, and it was sad that Dad couldnt find another person to be with. Im sure If he had a womens touch in the house and Shop his Colon cancer would have been cought sooner, but Hey, That was Dad, and how it is. I love him so much, and miss him, but I try to hold things together, and keep his scoot shined up, and hop to Have his 69 Charger R/T restored. That was his wish also.

Kasey

Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

Kasey, The wife and myself aggree this was one of the best things we have ever done. I am sure it will be for you to! Ride safe!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Have a safe ride. Very cool thing to take dad on one last ride.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow what a great story. Some rides are more emotional than others and I dare say this is gonna be on emotional ride. Great tribute, and what a way to honor him... ride safe

Old 06-24-2011, 02:22 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

That's a good thing you are doing. Gone but not forgotten. Hope you all have a great trouble free trip. Saying goodbye will be tough.

I was going to take my Dad's ashes with me on the Hoka Hey this year. I sent my Sister a message and asked if she could send them to me. She answered me and informed me that he had been buried in the National Cemetery and not Cremated.

That was a couple months ago and even though we never were very close I still feel like **** for not knowing that. I was on the road when i got the word he had died and she took care of everything.

When I go, my OL is gonna give my ashes and my bike to a local MC chapter that has agreed to put my ashes in the frame. She can then sell the bike, and I'll keep riding so long as the bike is still being ridden.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM
moparnut426
Advanced

We made it home safely! Put over 2600 on since last saturday. Had a great time, Dad has been launched off a 1500ft pluss deep trench, and is resting where he wanted. He is on His Mothers grave, his Dads grave, Darla, his fiance who died before they got married, and is in the Yellowstone River off Inspiration point. Had a hard time with spreading the ashes, had to collect myself a few times, but it truely was an inspiration doing as he wished.

Home safe, and Washing the bike after I mow the freekin lawn.

Thanks Guys for the Kind words, and wishes. Oh, and the Ultra was AWSOME, and averaged 45-47mpg...

Kasey

Quick Reply: Ride to Yellowstone to Spread Dads ashes