General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my bike run with a spark plug lead off

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 AM
quentin2009
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will my bike run with a spark plug lead off

This might be a stupid idea, but I was thinking next time I get pulled over by the profilers (cops) for loud pipes maybe I could pull a plug wire back far enough that I am only running one cylinder,
Perhaps I am only running on one cylinder with this bright idea but do you think it would work?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your bike might not be the only thing firing on one cylinder at that time lol. I think a better tactic could be just lick you finger ---pull that wire loose while the bike is on the jiffy stand running in neutral. You jerking around while holding that wire asking how the officer is doing today might get you a smile. The picture of that had me laughing. I myself usually try to start out with respect and see how it goes from there. Usually there is plenty of time to get disrespectful if things go south. I have never understood why dumb ***'s want to thank Leo's for the ticket though, lol.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Your bike might not be the only thing firing on one cylinder at that time lol. I think a better tactic could be just lick you finger ---pull that wire loose while the bike is on the jiffy stand running in neutral. You jerking around while holding that wire asking how the officer is doing today might get you a smile. The picture of that had me laughing. I myself usually try to start out with respect and see how it goes from there. Usually there is plenty of time to get disrespectful if things go south. I have never understood why dumb ***'s want to thank Leo's for the ticket though, lol.

I myself would just try to fix whatever issue you have beforehand not to get pulled over in the first place so you dont have to deal with whatever personality that happens to pull you over.You might get lucky and he lets you go but who knows....theyve probably seen it all already anyway.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fix it----it ain't broke, yet. No they haven't seen it all. We sometimes compare the latest I thought I seen it all.
Originally Posted by straydog13

I myself would just try to fix whatever issue you have beforehand not to get pulled over in the first place so you dont have to deal with whatever personality that happens to pull you over.You might get lucky and he lets you go but who knows....theyve probably seen it all already anyway.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

OLDAIRBOATER---yeah i guess youre right.I sure never thought about pulling a plug wire off while talking to a cop...or beforehand....hahaha ---not laughin at the op but its just a funny mental picture
That cop might think youre making a "sudden move"

Old 06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Pulling the plug wire won't cut down the volume of noise as much as you may be thinking. Just half as many bangs but still about the same volume.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well...............

Gawd I don't even know what to say.

Yeah leaning down and moving your arm making it hard to see might just get your azz lit up.