Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Johnny Pag Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Freakin Deacon
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Johnny Pag Bikes

There is a local Car lube chain that is stocking and servicing these bikes.
I never heard of them. they appear to be an inexpensive water cooled bike with a few different models. I don't know if they are American made or not. Lets hear it gentlemen. whats the poop?? I didn't see any info in a thread search

Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

found a website http://www.johnnypag.com it says there headquarters is in riverside CA..they look like the Chinese copys of Japanese bikes that are flooding the market rite now.all Chinese bikes i have ever seen were poor quality.. basically ok but the electronics and carbs are junk from the start,and there idea of spare parts, is buy another bike and cannibalize it..there is a good chance the bikes are made in CA with Chinese crate motors?? they kind of look like a 250 cruser that we tried to carry at the shop i used to work at. the bike was actually pretty good for Chinese,had a stereo built into the frame covers,was 250 but looked and rode like a 650.but we couldnt give it away in two years,it finally went at an auction bundled with several other bikes
would have to see one in person..

Last edited by j1mmy; 06-16-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are chinese made

Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I like Chinese food but I probably wouldn't take a Chinese bike home with me if you gave it to me. On a side note, I don't know karate.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't give you nearly enough info on the website for the money they expect you to spend I think

Old 06-17-2011, 04:35 AM
oasysco
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freakin Deacon
There is a local Car lube chain that is stocking and servicing these bikes.
I never heard of them. they appear to be an inexpensive water cooled bike with a few different models. I don't know if they are American made or not. Lets hear it gentlemen. whats the poop?? I didn't see any info in a thread search
Johnny Pags are 3/4-7/8 size Chinese-made motorcycles with 300cc parallel/inline twins. I believe Johnny Pag is a Calif-based designer of these bikes. They make choppers and custom-likes mostly, but that 300cc engine doesn't fill out the engine compartment fully. The bikes actually look pretty cool in person, but they are slightly smaller and the parallel twin looks weird because you expect to see a v-twin on these. I guess the idea is that you've "built" a custom around an old skool Japanese cruiser... or sumpin'.

Greg

Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 499 Likes on 259 Posts

I knew a fella, who bought one.... some "chopper model" back in 07-08. Chinese built, based on a Honda 300, but without the quality control.
I can't speak about EVERY bike.. nor the current crop, but HIS bike was a POS, with a lot of problems, but much of the blame, probaly belongs to the riders, as much as the bike.
The bike LOOKS cool as all get out.... and wouldn't be a bad little "around town" scooter.... but you could buy a 250-300 cc bike from a well known company for less, and be able to get parts/service

Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Chinese Made

Made & imported from China.
Pretty to look at.
Sound and ride like a POS!
They tend to fall apart quickly - if you buy one be prepared to go over it from top to bottom and tighten EVERYTHING!
THE MORAL OF THE STORY -
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whenever I see a Kymko, Hyosung, or Johnny Pag, I want to take a sledgehammer to it.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy
whenever I see a Kymko, Hyosung, or Johnny Pag, I want to take a sledgehammer to it.
Wow... Pretty harsh...

I got achance and have ridden a Hyosung enduro. It was actually a pretty good bike. I have no idea what their long term quality is, but I had no obvious complaints about it.

It is a perfect first bike for a new rider to learn on. You could bounce it off the pavement or dump it in a ditch off-road and not care.

( I think there would be a lot fewer motorcycle accidents if people spent a few years riding the dirt before they ever touch a street bike)

sorry for the detour, back to the original topic.

Quick Reply: Johnny Pag Bikes