General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why a skull anyway?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why a skull anyway?????

Honda? What honda? Not me!
ORIGINAL: O6FXST

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

[sm=confused06.gif] I was thinking about it. Why do we use a dead human's head as decoration for our bikes, hats, etc. Why not some other kind of bone?
(Dirty mind! I mean an arm bone, a leg bone, a hip bone, etc.) Why not a dead animal head or a hoof? How about a dog bone, or not a bone at all. We could have chosen ANY object, a rock, a tree, an arrow, a phallic symbol, a gun, a knife, a straight jacket (most accurate), a hearing aid (reserved for geezer glides only), a pole dancer (reserved for HDWG & Heather only), a wheel, a flower (reserved for liberals only), a bowl of whip cream (reserved for metrics only).................

I wonder who the first guy was that said, "Lets take the head of a dead man, strip all of the skin and tissue off of it, and hang it on a motorcycle". Was he a former pirate? A pigme? Or, I wonder if it was the same guy who came up with the international symbol for poison. At least we understand that symbol, it says to us, "If you drink this you will look like the skull and cross bones." Are we sending the same message to people who look at our bikes? "If you ride a Harley you will die!" If so, no wonder every busy-body in the world tells us that riding a motorcycle is so dangerous that we are going to leave our children fatherless / motherless! It's our own fault!

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????? [sm=rant.gif]
If we have to expain it, you probable wouldn't understand. I think you are riding the wrong kind of bike, maybe you should have stayed with your honda.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: O6FXST

If we have to expain it, you probable wouldn't understand. I think you are riding the wrong kind of bike, maybe you should have stayed with your honda.
Why? Because he does not want to have the "Badass biker" image? So anybody who rides a Harley must adorn their bikes with sighnes of death, wear a brain bucket, go bar hopping, and live the "Lifestyle" ?
This attitude makes me laugh sometimes. Belive me, the peole at HD are HAPPY that ALL types of riders are gravitating towards the brand.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ALL IN FAVOR OF CHANGING THE HARLEY IMAGE FROM A "SKULL" TO A "ANUS" aka "BUTTHOLE".
say AYE ,,,, or BROWN EYE!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Why do we use a skull anyway?????

ORIGINAL: whaap

You ask why do WE use the human skull as a decoration. WE don't. Only a small group wanting to pass themselves off as 1%'s

Skulls were used as an evil decoration LONG before there were 1%er's.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: CraigC

You ask why do WE use the human skull as a decoration. WE don't. Only a small group wanting to pass themselves off as 1%'s

You're right and I just don't understand why someone who was'nt EVIL would want something EVIL on their bike. That's where I have a problem with it. If the person isn't evil but passing themselves off as evil, that is a poser, right?

Old 11-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right and I just don't understand why someone who was'nt EVIL would want something EVIL on their bike. That's where I have a problem with it. If the person isn't evil but passing themselves off as evil, that is a poser, right?
I bought my bike with the skull leather tank "apron" and Skull battery box stick on. Just haven't had the time or extra cash to throw away on new ones. Would rather have the eagles *shrug*.

Wouldn't call me a poser -or- a evil person. I don't get caught up in the image deal - I'm just tickled shytless to have a HD and ride..

Old 11-03-2006, 02:09 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

No man, if you like the skulls, keep them. A poser is someone who does something for the sole reason that they want to look a certain way for others. If you get rid of the skulls just because of something someone says to you then you become a poser in reverse! You like the skulls? Keep them. You don't like the skulls? Lose them. Be yourself an you can't go wrong!
ORIGINAL: Biggol

I bought my bike with the skull leather tank "apron" and Skull battery box stick on. Just haven't had the time or extra cash to throw away on new ones. Would rather have the eagles *shrug*.

Wouldn't call me a poser -or- a evil person. I don't get caught up in the image deal - I'm just tickled shytless to have a HD and ride..

Old 11-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

[sm=confused06.gif] I was thinking about it. Why do we use a dead human's head as decoration for our bikes, hats, etc. Why not some other kind of bone?
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????? [sm=rant.gif]
I think it's time this entire thread be sumarized with a picture:

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/853BA08C48A84855B56BF7533C637DC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2006, 06:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks better than a skunks but

Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

ALL IN FAVOR OF CHANGING THE HARLEY IMAGE FROM A "SKULL" TO A "ANUS" aka "BUTTHOLE".
say AYE ,,,, or BROWN EYE!!!!!!!!!
NAY!
That's just WRONG!

Quick Reply: Why a skull anyway?????