General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys new leadership

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011 | 09:59 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Oh, and as far as the cost of parts goes, look around you. It's called inflation. Your gubment has printed so much money, in part to bail out those same car companies who have then closed their doors, that the buck just ain't worth what it used to be. It's gonna' get a whole lot worse too. Hang on folks, cause as they say "you ain't seen nothin' yet"!

Old 06-11-2011 | 10:17 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Do you have any proof to back up these stats and info you are throwing around?

I mean I know you would never do it, but I read that 87.38% of all unsubstantiated statistics you read on the net are made up....
And the other half are just lies, haha

Old 06-11-2011 | 10:26 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

1st qtr sales and earnings are up 2011 over 2010. Economy continues to struggle and fail yet earnings are up........yeah, I see the HD Board dropping him real fast.

Old 06-11-2011 | 10:57 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Road Toad
From my experience, most of the posters that start threads like this and have very few posts are just trolls.

Just sayin,,,
I would say that's a fairly accurate assessment.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:03 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

As far as Harley denying warranty for aftermarket parts here ya go.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning new aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an automotive aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:11 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

If what the OP said is true, which may be "internet" true, it still gets back to the fact that Harley-Davidson is a business. It is commonly know that sales were down 40% at the worst time, so do the math, 40% less sales could conceivably mean 40% fewer dealers.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:20 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Jonesee
What Harley has done is let capitalism take its toll and those dealers that finacially counldn't make it through these hard times, allowed them to fail and close.
The fact that Harley has made the changes necessary to insure future profitability in these very difficult times is a testament to their management team. This recession bankrupted many larger companies including GM and Chrysler. Harley and Ford made it the old fashioned way using a sound business plan and doing what is needed to insure the continuation of the company. They are struggling, but still alive and kicking.
Well said. The well managed dealerships or dealerships with alot of capitol
will manage to survive. The dealership I worked at a year and a half ago, the
old man was pulling money out of his pocket to make ends meet and their
doors are still open and I hope they stay open.

Last edited by atrox88; 06-11-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2011 | 11:26 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

I read that the US dollar has lost over 20% of its value in the last 13 months. I think that would have a big impact on the cost of imported parts such as a battery.

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:55 AM
schumacher
Club Member

12 out of 10 people don't believe statistics

Old 06-11-2011 | 11:58 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master

i just bought a battery at danbury harley for my FLH the cost was $149. i priced the battery back in the winter maybe 4 months ago the was $149.

Quick Reply: Harleys new leadership