Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performace T's, Cool Max, Dri Star

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Performace T's, Cool Max, Dri Star

HD is selling their brand of high performance T shirts. Of course the price is ludicrous $40-$45 for a freakin sleeveless T shirt. I went to Walmart and bought a few of the Starter brand (Dri-Star) sleeveless moisture wicking sleeveless T's for $6.47 each. These performance T's are available at Walmart, Target, and Sports stores like Dicks and Sports Chalet.. The sports stores are more expensive though $20-$25. I use these in the triple digit heat in AZ and they are more comfortable than cotton T shirts by far.They are great...if you can tolerate riding around without having a HD logo on your shirt. There is a lesson here, comfort costs a lot less than comfort and advertising for HD.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Tech23

Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech23
HD is selling their brand of high performance T shirts. Of course the price is ludicrous $40-$45 for a freakin sleeveless T shirt. I went to Walmart and bought a few of the Starter brand (Dri-Star) sleeveless moisture wicking sleeveless T's for $6.47 each. These performance T's are available at Walmart, Target, and Sports stores like Dicks and Sports Chalet.. The sports stores are more expensive though $20-$25. I use these in the triple digit heat in AZ and they are more comfortable than cotton T shirts by far.They are great...if you can tolerate riding around without having a HD logo on your shirt. There is a lesson here, comfort costs a lot less than comfort and advertising for HD.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Tech23
WHAT???
MoCo overpricing its merchandise ????
never seen that before ....

Old 06-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

I know...hard to believe but it's true. I guess the days of nickel and dime Harley parts, accessories and motorclothes are over...LOL.

I posted that hoping someone might try these cheap, super comfortable T shirts to help beat the heat.

Tech23

Old 06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

Slow down there fellas. Big difference between those and the HD shirts. "Printed large skull graphic on front."

Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Nightrain04
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently started using the dri-star socks, been happy with em so far. Just purchase some of the dri-star performance underwear for my trip to dragon at the end of the month. Hopefully they work out from gettin swamp nuts....

Dunno if i'll fit in since they don't have skulls....lol

Old 06-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master

Wished whatever great guru who dreams up these Harley fashions would come up with a white performance sleeved t-shirt with just a simple bar and shield...but no it has to be black (nice and cool there...NOT)...sleeveless and either a skull or nothing in the t-shirt line.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

When it comes to summer time riding, especially here in "The Valley of the Sun" screw the graphics give me comfort. The Local HD dealer is having a seminar this Saturday on how to keep cool. If you have never ridden in an Arizona summer you have no idea...LOL Sunblock on any exposed skin or long sleeves. Morning and Evening riding can't be beat. Not much fun with the sun overhead though. Here summer time early morning and late evening rides can be done comfortably with a sleeveless T shirt no problem. Riding during the day is like riding in a blast furnace...wind chill in reverse...the faster you go the hotter it gets.

Tech23

Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 PM
wiltat2
Tourer

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Tech23, you mean it gets hot in Phoenix, Az. ?

Probably because of all the asphalt.

We don't have near as much asphalt in Yuma, wait why isn't it cooler in Yuma???