General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A brief helmet review.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
They probably popped up because the OP started his post with "you people who don't wear helmets are stupid." He lives in a helmet state anyhow, so that was irrelevant to his helmet review, but many, actually MOST, Harley riders in the real world translate that as "I'm afraid of riding motorcycles and cover it by telling everybody who wears less safety gear than me they are stupid." If he didn't want the reaction, he shouldn't have made excuses for wearing a helmet, by insulting those who don't.

The helmet guys always remind me of the Jap bike riders - every conversation has to start with an excuse for why they do it, that usually involves insulting those who don't.
I wasn't insulting anyone except possibly the libtards that post in the political section. I did not call anyone stupid, those are your words. I made it abundantly clear that I don't care what other people do. I am not a "helmet guy", I am a fellow rider who wrote a review of something that I like so that others might gain something by reading the post. Thank you for your service and I hope you return home safely. By the way, I am self employed and entitled to an opinion.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
I wasn't insulting anyone except possibly the libtards that post in the political section. I did not call anyone stupid, those are your words. I made it abundantly clear that I don't care what other people do. I am not a "helmet guy", I am a fellow rider who wrote a review of something that I like so that others might gain something by reading the post. Thank you for your service and I hope you return home safely. By the way, I am self employed and entitled to an opinion.
"That is understandable as there are some on here who don't have much to protect".
This was in the beginning of your initial post. Sounds insulting to me.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Texas T
Road Master
Default well

Originally Posted by Cabocarl
"That is understandable as there are some on here who don't have much to protect".
This was in the beginning of your initial post. Sounds insulting to me.
I thought he was being funny ...

Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by TJ6988
Thats fine. Just saying.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TJ6988
You are correct sir, I guess it is only funny below the Mason Dixon line.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

where did you get the helmet???

Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
They probably popped up because the OP started his post with "you people who don't wear helmets are stupid." He lives in a helmet state anyhow, so that was irrelevant to his helmet review, but many, actually MOST, Harley riders in the real world translate that as "I'm afraid of riding motorcycles and cover it by telling everybody who wears less safety gear than me they are stupid." If he didn't want the reaction, he shouldn't have made excuses for wearing a helmet, by insulting those who don't.

The helmet guys always remind me of the Jap bike riders - every conversation has to start with an excuse for why they do it, that usually involves insulting those who don't.
well said.... and I do not have to ear a helmet in this state , but I do

Last edited by SIDECAR BOB; 06-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
You are correct sir, I guess it is only funny below the Mason Dixon line.
Confederate humor.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the review. I considered that one when I bought my half helmet. AS I already had a Shoei 3/4 helmet, I wanted something lighter and smaller in our southern heat. I bought the HD (HJC) with the flip down tinted half shield. It works well for me. When it's time to retire the Shoei, your review will help in my decision to buy a new one.

I am in a helmet free state yet I wear one every time I ride. It may or may not improve my chances of surviving a crash but it makes the wife feel much better so I wear it. Having said that, i defend the right of those who choose not to wear. It's their head and their choice.

Now can't we all just go ride?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mrfikser
where did you get the helmet???
I got it at M&M Leather in Fayetteville NC. You can't buy them on line but you can search the Fulmer website for dealer locations. For 115 bucks I don't think you can beat it.

Quick Reply: A brief helmet review.