General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROT Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
ridzalot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROT Rally

The Hill County CMA Chapter (Salvation Riders) will have a rest stop at the Mobil Fuel Stop on I-35 Friday for those that are going to Austin or anywhere else. It is exit 359, 9 miles south of Hillsboro. Ya'll stop in and say "hi". We will have free coffee and water. Look forward to seeing ya'll.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

I bet you will give out a lot of water this year, its freiken hot out there.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM
bswearingen
Tourer

man i really wanted to go again this year but work just isnt allowing it, would be passing right thru there too. Very cool of you guys

Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice of y'all to be doing that! Not gonna make it to the ROT this year. I won't be missing the heat, that for sure.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:17 PM
austinopa
5th Gear
Default I rode my Harley to the ROT golf cart Rally

That is great of you to supply the water and coffee.
Those that missed the rally, only missed a lot less vendors booths and a lot more golf carts. Have been going for 8 years now, but unless it changes back to the way it was. I'm going where the riders are, not the yupies with carts and four wheelers and air horns.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by austinopa
That is great of you to supply the water and coffee.
Those that missed the rally, only missed a lot less vendors booths and a lot more golf carts. Have been going for 8 years now, but unless it changes back to the way it was. I'm going where the riders are, not the yupies with carts and four wheelers and air horns.
I agree. This was my first ROT and they need to ban the four-wheelers and golf carts. Most of those with golf carts didn't even have bikes. I thought it was supposed to be a "bike" rally?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
austinopa
5th Gear
Default ROT Golf Cart Rally

Yeah it is a shame the rally turned in to a cart rally. We will be headed for Galveston's Lone Star in the fall. Just bikes and trikes at that one. Not a completely adut theme but great vendor booths and super coast riding. (It is really cool to ride te bike on the ferry) Wish it was a bit earlier cause sometimes, it is cold. So just make sure to bring your leathers.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

I was checking out Rot on Facebook and all I can see is people complaining about the carts, saying they wont be back if they dont do something about them. So hopefully next year they will take this into consideration.
Said the vendors were mainly leather and led lights, hardley any parts vendors.
Anybody wanting to roll in there offering basic tune ups, oil changes, or batteries would make a killing.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by kevmic28
I was checking out Rot on Facebook and all I can see is people complaining about the carts, saying they wont be back if they dont do something about them. So hopefully next year they will take this into consideration.
Said the vendors were mainly leather and led lights, hardley any parts vendors.
Anybody wanting to roll in there offering basic tune ups, oil changes, or batteries would make a killing.

Its not just carts. 4 or 5 years ago they started seeing tractors and quads pulling flatbed trailers of people around the grounds.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 PM
pickwithaustin
Intermediate

I live up in Round Rock and I avoided Austin during the ROT. I was wanting to go see a friend of mine who was in town with his band playing at one of the downtown Austin clubs, but opted not to since ROT was going on...

Quick Reply: ROT Rally