General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROT Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by kevmic28
I was checking out Rot on Facebook and all I can see is people complaining about the carts, saying they wont be back if they dont do something about them. So hopefully next year they will take this into consideration.
Said the vendors were mainly leather and led lights, hardley any parts vendors.
Anybody wanting to roll in there offering basic tune ups, oil changes, or batteries would make a killing.
Yep, about the only parts I saw was some hand controls and some specialty stuff. Nothing in the way of basic parts for sure. The LED vendors were all over the place. I saw one vendor that looked like he was doing some basic mechanical stuff. I agree that someone would make a killing doing some oil changes, etc. My buddy lost his lights on Friday night and had to go to Cowboy HD for repairs. They said they did $20K in service on Friday alone. Granted, HD labor is out the roof but still, $20K in one day?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by kevmic28
I was checking out Rot on Facebook and all I can see is people complaining about the carts, saying they wont be back if they dont do something about them. So hopefully next year they will take this into consideration.
Said the vendors were mainly leather and led lights, hardley any parts vendors.
Anybody wanting to roll in there offering basic tune ups, oil changes, or batteries would make a killing.
Speaking of the ROT Facebook page, I tried a friend request. Their page has too many friend requests and wouldn't let me join.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been complaints about the carts and ATV's for a while now. I went into the expo center once for the rally, and never again. Too many drunk azzholes in way too small of an area. I can't tell you how many times I was cut off by an idiot on something other than 2 wheels. We have gone back during the rally, but don't bother with the expo center. IMO, there's plenty to keep us entertained and busy in Austin and the surrounding hill country. I'm not much for rallies that you have to pay to enter to begin with. Rallies like the Lone Star or Thunder Beach are 10 times more fun, and cheaper to attend.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesDyna
Speaking of the ROT Facebook page, I tried a friend request. Their page has too many friend requests and wouldn't let me join.
I added them last year. Give a month or two and Im sure you will be able to get on.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

I live close, but have never gone to the rally itself. Always go downtown on friday and have a good time. As KajunKruzer said, there are LOTS of other places around to go to that have lots of bikes and good times. Not to mention, love to be out riding with all the other bikes.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:41 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I enjoyed the rally, but it was not worth what I paid at all. Just a bunch of vendors. Too many led lights. I did get a nice set of grips installed. My friend brought her honda and no one would touch it (needed new tires). I expected that though. The guy from Hill Country customs was an *** about it too.

The parade was the coolest part to me. It was my first rally, and I'm not sure I'd go back again. Not only did I about get run over by golf carts, but guys on little mini bikes doing wheelies.

The bands were good. The tattoo expo was tiny. Maybe it would have been more fun to camp, but not in that heat.

That is my review.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:54 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,215 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by rockabillygrl
I enjoyed the rally, but it was not worth what I paid at all. Just a bunch of vendors. Too many led lights. I did get a nice set of grips installed. My friend brought her honda and no one would touch it (needed new tires). I expected that though. The guy from Hill Country customs was an *** about it too.

The parade was the coolest part to me. It was my first rally, and I'm not sure I'd go back again. Not only did I about get run over by golf carts, but guys on little mini bikes doing wheelies.

The bands were good. The tattoo expo was tiny. Maybe it would have been more fun to camp, but not in that heat.

That is my review.
$70 to get in the gate and the heat is why I stayed home.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing how people can be azzholes and turn away money to put new tires on a Honda.
Hell maybe next year we all need to get together and open a shop for tire changes and oil changes at the rally.