Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About fed up with Vanson leathers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Angry About fed up with Vanson leathers

about mid march I phoned Vanson leathers to special order a textile jacket...talked to the salesman faxed him my measurements..got a price...was told all was good (this all took about 3 days)..the salesman said it would be ready about mid June, and that I would not hear from them before they mailed it (the only way I would know it was coming was by seeing the charge on my credit card)....So I wait until around May 26 or so and call them "just to make sure all is well"...Well to make along story shorter, they misplaced the order and only found it as we were talking and said they never started the order because they wrote the credit card info. down wrong and so it was declined (a phone call would have been nice) for the $50.00 deposit...Well a week or so later I get a receipt from them for $250.00 ...so again I call them and find that the amount for the jacket I going to be $250.00 more than I was originally was quoted (the original quote was made to me after they had all my measurements and the order was 'final'....So I am still waiting ..so yesterday they called and said they didn't like the way my measurements 'looked' and are going to send me a jacket off of the shelf to see if it will "fit"...and are going to from there....NEWS FLASH GUYS....its not going to fit...the way thing are going I MIGHT have my summer jacket by fall....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

So let me see if I got this right....you went into a McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac with no onions.

I had a similar experience with a Sears web site purchase for a workbench & accessories. I ended up hauling all the mistaken shipments to my nearest Sears store and got a refund. But it took 6 months of back and forth phone calls to the customer service people before I finally settled the thing on my own thru the store. Then I vowed never to buy anything from them again.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duoglider
So let me see if I got this right....you went into a McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac with no onions.
Huh?

Not sure if it is common to order things like this online, sending measurements and such. Not sure I would trust it as I would rather try stuff on first and deal with the folks directly. Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called and emailed the rep about a leather and how soon it would come. I was promised it was in stock. Paid the store and waited and waited. Finally after tracking everyone down I found out not true and that a run would happen in 3 months..or so. Finally just took my money back and spent more on an Aero. Vanson just sucks now a days.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're just "about fed up" - I'd have cancelled that order when I found out they hadn't started on it. There are plenty of companies to get a jacket from.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow Mrfikser. Sorry to read about your experience. I recently read a great write up about Vanson from the editor of Iron Works. Based on the article, a bunch of us chipped in and gave one of the guys we ride with a bunch of cash for his birthday so he could order a custom fit jacket from Vanson. Now I'm concerned. Any customers with a positive Vanson experience?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:12 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Me personally I a confirmed Langlitz customer.

My wife likee the model " Ladies Lace". BUT she wanted the Jacket with out the pink shoulder patches. So that is what the wife wanted I order the jacket at one of there prefered distributors/Retailers and pay the extra $100.00 for the custom jacket because we want no patches. I give my $250.00 deposit no problem. 3 months, 4 months, 5 months 6 months no jacket. But all kinds of promises that the jacket was ready to ship. Well I canceled took my wife to Langlitz out down my $800.00 and got the jacket she liked. Vanson and Pro Italia never again. Played by their rules and got nothing. I just voted with my feet.

Last edited by leicafish; 06-07-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I don't like to order anything custom on line or by phone...

I wanta see it and try it on before I plunk down the plastic or Green backs..

Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

the reason I went to Vanson (and not langlitz etc.) was that i wanted a textile jacket for the summer,,,and they were the only folks i found that would custom make it...as far as measuring for it they have an elaborate measuring system on their website..something like 25 measurements, the wife and I spent a good half hour doing the measurements, following the directions all the way through..

Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
Wow Mrfikser. Sorry to read about your experience. I recently read a great write up about Vanson from the editor of Iron Works. Based on the article, a bunch of us chipped in and gave one of the guys we ride with a bunch of cash for his birthday so he could order a custom fit jacket from Vanson. Now I'm concerned. Any customers with a positive Vanson experience?
I'm sure that he made it known that he was the editor of Iron Works magazine. Not likely a company is going to screw around with an order when it's going to be written up in an enthusiast magazine. No doubt he got the royal service and treatment.

Quick Reply: About fed up with Vanson leathers