Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About fed up with Vanson leathers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
alhall88
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new Vanson story, I ordered a new jacket standard size but no stock, I also made inquirery about a couple different jackets but no go. I gave them a deposit and they stated 3 month delivery. I called exactly 3 months later (last week) and was told they have been out of leather for the last 2 months and they need a new tannery so it would probably be another 3 months maybe. I will be asking for my refund tomorrow not taking any more chances with this place.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a feeling they won't be around much longer and probably know it. How does a leather company not have leather in stock? LOL. I'd get my money back before it's to late.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

too bad
they used to be tops

Old 08-25-2011, 08:32 PM
alhall88
Cruiser

I cancelled my order with them today and they gave some story on how backed up they are and will get my refund back to me within 2 weeks. I told them they better step up and get my money refunded on my card within a couple days, they had no problem taking my deposit in a couple hours after my call.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I just picked up a used Vanson on CL for $120. Fits perfect and was a made in the USA model. Score! i can't wait for it to get cold enough for a jacket.

Drew

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I sent a email to Vanson informing them about this forum thread...as you can see below they decided not to respond online, but they did reply to my email..as follows.....(I didn't include the name of the sender or the receiver for security purposes otherwise it is as sent to me)..I had to read it several times just to figure out what he was trying to say, what I have figured out was they are not taking any responsibly and have made no offers to correct the complaint (although they almost did in the last paragraph)...also I never got any messages or contacts form Vanson on either 4/4 or 4/5 (I am the only person who answers the phone # I gave them and no messages were left)...If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**..seems to be the theme of this company....

My hesitation in replying on the forum is because replying to your thread adequately would require sharing personal information about our transactions in a public environment. Part of the reason I'm entrusted with operating our social media is because of my hesitation in doing so. That being said, I will provide you the information I have regarding our transactions together. If you choose to re-post my e-mails on the forums that is your choice. In reality, there is nothing I can do to stop you, but I will not begrudge you doing so, either.
After the attempt to garner the funds for your deposit was unsuccessful, the paperwork for your order was handed back to me to reach out to you. On 4/4 @ 3PM I phoned you regarding it. On 4/5 I called and left a message with a resident at that number. Information was left that the deposit was not garnered and the order could not be placed.

When you called in June, your paperwork was not on hand for the people answering the phone. That is absolutely because of me. From the end of May through most of June I was out either awaiting surgery or recovering from it. If it had been an unexpected absence I would have made certain my paperwork was easy to access for everyone else. As it were I was not often able during that time to answer questions about past orders.

As for the fit and pricing issues; getting a custom order is a complicated and involved process. Our pattern designers will sometimes send standard sizes to get feedback on where it might not fit or be comfortable; this feedback is invaluable to the process. Additionally, sometimes customers are happy with the standard sizes and, even after they put the pattern work in, we're still glad to provide them with it at no additional cost . A lot of effort goes into each piece to get it right, and associated costs needed to fit it to every person and make it what they like sometimes cannot be determined until the sizing is completed. Should the price change due to that, we are willing to offer a refund and cancel the order.

I do sincerely apologize you had a negative experience with Vanson. In this situation, however, I'm not entirely sure how to make it right without evidence of a deposit on file. Mistakes and miscommunications do happen, but without the aid of our customers in those situations, they cannot be corrected.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what a load of BS.... did that guy read this thread at least? you documented the nonsense every step of the way.

i've heard this story from every person trying to buy a vanson product these days. they definitely will not be getting business again. only problem now is vanson is done and making everything off-shore anyway, schott doesn't make anything i like, foxcreeks stuff i'm not a huge fan of. maybe i'll start saving for a langlitz.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have called your credit card company and disputed the charge. That would have made them call ya real quick.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Corsair
Advanced
Cool Leather

I stumbled upon Fox Creek leathers surfing one day.
Called em.
Did the thing with my measurements, which were close to one they had.
They mailed it to me for a test. After testing it I mailed it back. and they promptly started on my coat.

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/

Coat is beautiful, just what I wanted, and hoped for. They were courteous every step, up front about everything, and overall I am an extremely happy customer.

Just saying......