Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About fed up with Vanson leathers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
So here is an update... (approx june 1)Vanson sent the small jacket and it didn't fit ..And they asked me to go to a local Vanson distributor, so I did, they took new measurements and re-placed the order...around june 10 Vanson sent me a email stating I would have my custom made jacket by july 1 (end of june)...now its july 11 and still no jacket and no word as to why I haven't received it...One thing I can say about Vanson is at least they are consistant...in a sucky way...
Actually I made a mistake on the last post...they did NOT email me...they left a message on my home phone....I just want everyone to know that I am trying to tell just the facts so that you can make your own decisions on if you want to deal with them in the future....Oh, and I talked to the Vanson rep. at the dealer this past Saturday and he is going to call them tomorrow (Tuesday, the dealer is closed Mon.) to see what is up...to be continued.....

Old 07-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 738 Posts

Is the Jacket so great that it is worth all this aggravation? I would have cancelled the order and moved on. Glad you have much more patience than I have. Good Luck!

Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rider1200
Is the Jacket so great that it is worth all this aggravation? I would have cancelled the order and moved on. Glad you have much more patience than I have. Good Luck!
I need to have my jacket custom made because stuff off of the shelf won't fit me and Vanson is the only place I could find that would make me a summer textile jacket...If I were buying a leather jacket I would have canceled the order long ago...

Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually I made a mistake on the last post...they did NOT email me...they left a message on my home phone....I just want everyone to know that I am trying to tell just the facts so that you can make your own decisions on if you want to deal with them in the future....Oh, and I talked to the Vanson rep. at the dealer this past Saturday and he is going to call them tomorrow (Tuesday, the dealer is closed Mon.) to see what is up...to be continued.....

Ok, here is another update...I called Vanson July 25 to inquire about the jacket and spoke with Matt..initially he said he didn't know where the jacket was and would have to call me back (which he did ) ...he said he found the order was in the cutting room and still needed to be sewn, the sewer(??) told him it should be sewn Friday or Monday (july29-31) and that he would throw in free shipping for the delay...I am not willing to place odds on me getting the jacket next week...but, I am hopeful that I will get it someday...although I may be too old to ride by then......

Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Send this link to Vanson and ask how many customers they think they lost.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Ok, here is another update...I called Vanson July 25 to inquire about the jacket and spoke with Matt..initially he said he didn't know where the jacket was and would have to call me back (which he did ) ...he said he found the order was in the cutting room and still needed to be sewn, the sewer(??) told him it should be sewn Friday or Monday (july29-31) and that he would throw in free shipping for the delay...I am not willing to place odds on me getting the jacket next week...but, I am hopeful that I will get it someday...although I may be too old to ride by then......
Hey, there is always next year.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by petemac
Send this link to Vanson and ask how many customers they think they lost.

I am kind of affraid to send them the link..it might **** them off and then who knows when I will get the jacket....after I get the jacket I am going to send them the link and ask them to post a reply to the whole situation...

Old 07-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Mr. I am just curious. Why do you need custom? Do you have long arms or something?

Old 07-30-2011, 07:26 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ron750
Mr. I am just curious. Why do you need custom? Do you have long arms or something?

I wear a medium tall ...except the body length needs to be a regular medium and as mentioned in a earlier post Vanson is the only company that will build a custom motorcycle jacket that is not leather (cordura)is and armored .....if I were buying leather I would have bailed from this company ages ago...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't know how vanson is in business anymore, i haven't heard of anyone ordering a jacket and not going through this nonsense.

Quick Reply: About fed up with Vanson leathers