General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Harley question about SKULL's on bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wantaroadking
At the present time, I'm like Martin Luther King, I have a dream. That is to own a Road King. Just wondering what the SKULL represents on Harley bikes or clothes? Wanted to know the meaning behind the SKULL before I bought a bike that was dressed in SKULL's.

Pssst....At the present time, Martin Luther King is Dead.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Game over at post #11!

You didn't like my answer? I thought it was clever!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 AM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yep

Originally Posted by daleg3556
I don't want skulls on my bike because I'm kind of supersticious. Same reason I would never lie in a coffin or sit in a wheelchair. Just bad karma.
+1 on that. No skulls for me.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Ventana
Cruiser

Oh, and don't put this one on your bike unless you earn it. You might wind up with more then just a lawsuit on your hands.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

it's the whole biker/pirate thing

Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

No skulls on my bike, though I do have a nice skull ring I got from http://www.nightriderjewelry.com/
I have a buddy who hates skulls so I stick in his face when he's giving me crap, (he's a jokester).

Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Man, it is all abotu what you like. If you lke skulls there are tons of them to buy, if you dont, then whatever you dont like them. Other dudes are not riding your bike so you make it how you want it. For me, I like them and will put them on in a nice fashion. I am even putting money aside now for next year for a new skull paint job.
Not quite sure anyone is going to come up to me and say how cheeze my bike is, if they did I would just have to say..... to each their own, go ride your bike. Alot of people here let their opinions fly about what they like, and that is a good thing cause we are all passionate about our bikes, but I'm not so sure any one will express how lame your bike is with skulls at a rally or bike meet. In my opinion if people did this type of thing they would be 1st rate ********!!! Here we can do it and we should it is part of the fun, but dont let others steer you away form being you. Now I will agree that before you go blinging out your bike with whatever you like; AC, headers, Slips, and maybe some cams should be the 1st priority, cuase before you bling it out, you want it to run like a raped ape!!! JMO

Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 AM
XTsHOG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have skulls on my bike bcuz the first bike I fell in love with when I was a kid had skulls on it. I dont really care if anyone likes my bike, I didn't buy it for other ppl to like. I call them lucky charms cuz I would rather ride death than be scared of it. With all the wacko drivers out there if I were afraid of death I wouldn't be riding a bike.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 AM
lp johnny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only thing I dislike on my crossbones, is that crazy looking skull on the oil tank

Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lp johnny
the only thing I dislike on my crossbones, is that crazy looking skull on the oil tank
Cover it with duct tape, call your bike a rat rod, and move on

Quick Reply: New to Harley question about SKULL's on bikes?