Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

licks helmet delay

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
SoSlo2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default licks helmet delay

Hey Guys.. Is anyone else "patiently" waiting for their Lick's 3/4 helmet to arrive? I ordered mine May 1st hoping to have it by the end of last month. The company site originally said that the second wave would arrive sometime between the end of May and the beginning of June from their manufacturer.. I emailed them again on May 30th and now they are saying that THEY expect to have them sometime mid June and do not have a tenative date for when I should receive mine.. I hate backorders and "tenative" dates that pass by without any results. Looks like I'll be sweating it out in this 97 degree heat with my full face carbon fiber HJC for the rest of the summer. I'll be lucky to have the *(^$'in thing by fall at this rate!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
arrowslinger1980
Tourer

I have been waiting a couple months now. And still waiting.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spend 30 bucks and get a half helmet its what I did.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Oops. I misread the title. I thought it said "Licks helmet daily" and I figured I have got to read this.

Sorry for your delay. Hope you get ti resolved.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting on my helmet too! Luckily it cooled off today, rode the bike into work at 60 and home at around 70...Perfect!

Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here it is July 7, 2011 and my Lick's helmet is way past due. I can't even remember what month I ordered it, but I'm sure that it was supposed to arrive sometime in June at the latest, which seemed like a far stretch at the time, as guys were saying that their's arrived about a week after ordering.

I already paid for it on my credit card back in April or May. They haven't communicated with me and I don't see how to email them.

My order was for the helmet, face shield and goggles.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
09IronRider
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered a matte black and mirror visor may 10th. Just got my shipping confirmation today!
I have been communicating with AJ at Licks and he has always been really responsive.
I emailed him at lickscycles@gmail.com referencing my order #.

I understand your frustration but when I bought this thing I was reading reviews from the first group buy that said it took a long time but the helmets are great. I was willing to wait because thats what I was told up front.

Can always go buy something in stock next time.
Hope you get a tracking # today too!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm here to offer you some hope on your order. I received my USPS shipping notification yesterday and the helmet is to be delivered today. I'll keep you posted to confirm that it does in fact get here today. Here's hoping...

Old 07-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain

They must have shipped everything out yesterday I got my shipping for my solo bag that I ordered the end of may also.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM
SoSlo2
Novice

Crap! I ordered mine on May 1... Still no tracking number.. I emailed AJ for about the 10th time after every other "expected" deadline passed.. He gave me some generic response saying that they are in the process of shipping all solo bags and helmet orders. I'm glad that some of you are finally getting your helmets! Too bad we have had to wait about 45 days past the original expected delivery date.. Hope it is worth it. My patience is running low with this company.

Quick Reply: licks helmet delay