Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TxTag Toll Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM
King Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TxTag Toll Mount?

For the C. Texas forum members.........Finally the new Toll Roads in C. Texas are open. I ordered TxTag for my RKC but don't want to mount it to the windshield. I remember seeing a mount for toll tags somewhere but can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? What do the other toll riders use?

Thanks.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
bdgreen
Banned
Default RE: TxTag Toll Mount?

I thought about getting the EZ Tag here in Houston for my bike, but like you I don't want it on my winshield. Seems to me it would be pretty easy for someone to steal. I know the one in my truck worked when it was laying on the seat, so I'm thinking I may try to find a less visible place for it. Let me know if you come up with something and I'll let you know what I find on my end.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,177 Likes on 4,257 Posts

ummmm... Toll Road?

Old 11-01-2006, 01:33 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one register to my bike, but I never carry it with me. As long as the tag is registered, they take a photo of you going through and credit it as a mis-read. THat way I'm not worroed about someone snagging it when I forget to take it off the bike....

Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: King Rider
For the C. Texas forum members.........Finally the new Toll Roads in C. Texas are open. I ordered TxTag for my RKC but don't want to mount it to the windshield. I remember seeing a mount for toll tags somewhere but can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? What do the other toll riders use?
Try http://easyholder.com/

Also, if you do not want to mount it at all, get one of those 'backstage pass' holders you wear around your neck and put the pass in there. Puts it up higher and more central.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
siramazing
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I have one register to my bike, but I never carry it with me. As long as the tag is registered, they take a photo of you going through and credit it as a mis-read. THat way I'm not worroed about someone snagging it when I forget to take it off the bike....
I don't understand that one-the tolls here (Florida) have gates, so if the money is not put in, or a transponder not read, the gate won't open. Are the toll gates different where you are?

Old 11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
bdgreen
Banned

We have kinda like an express lane. If you have this tag on the inside of your windshield a camera reads it and bills your credit card. No stopping or slowing down, just haul a$$.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

We have kinda like an express lane. If you have this tag on the inside of your windshield a camera reads it and bills your credit card. No stopping or slowing down, just haul a$$.
yea... what he said!

I suppose gates would pose a problem....

Old 11-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

I just think it's Un-American that we have frikken toll roads in the first place.......what does all that gas-tax money go for???

Too late to whine about it now........at least some people jumped on their a$$e$ and wouldn't let them toll the parts of the road that had been there for 10 or 12 years already....they tried to do it.....now if you look at the proposed toll map, they have a toll road in each quadrant of town so you can't get in or out in any area without being tolled, including going to the airport........

Leave the tag at home and get your picture taken???? No thanks, the govt. has enough pictures of me already......................

Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
King Rider
Cruiser

Big Sled,

Noticed you have "garage door opener" in your signature line. What brand or did you make one?

Quick Reply: TxTag Toll Mount?