Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TxTag Toll Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
King Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TxTag Toll Mount?

Also, from what I have heard, the TxTag is a sticker so I am not sure the Easyholder would work. I am thinking about making something (chrome of course) to attach to the windshield and remove it when I want.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 PM
bdgreen
Banned

Well, I'm not sure where you are located and how the toll road works in your area, but here, the money from the tolls paid for the bond money to build them. No part of the construction cost was passed to the tax payer. It's paid for and maintained from money paid by those who use it. If folks don't want to pay to use it, they have the option of using the "free" roads.
ORIGINAL: Draggin S

Well,

I just think it's Un-American that we have frikken toll roads in the first place.......what does all that gas-tax money go for???

Too late to whine about it now........at least some people jumped on their a$$e$ and wouldn't let them toll the parts of the road that had been there for 10 or 12 years already....they tried to do it.....now if you look at the proposed toll map, they have a toll road in each quadrant of town so you can't get in or out in any area without being tolled, including going to the airport........

Leave the tag at home and get your picture taken???? No thanks, the govt. has enough pictures of me already......................

Old 11-01-2006, 03:15 PM
gpershall
Advanced

Maybe this would work?
http://www.autobarn.net/ttopaho.html

Old 11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,177 Likes on 4,257 Posts

It's just the over the counter Wayne Dalton brand, I think. Hanging on the throttle cables by it's clip. Gonna install the Harley sunglass holder aft of the windshield then I'll just put it in there to get it oughta sight. Maybe pop rivet it inside the sunglass holder so it doesn't walk off too easily.

ORIGINAL: King Rider

Big Sled,

Noticed you have "garage door opener" in your signature line. What brand or did you make one?

Old 11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: bdgreen

Well, I'm not sure where you are located and how the toll road works in your area, but here, the money from the tolls paid for the bond money to build them. No part of the construction cost was passed to the tax payer. It's paid for and maintained from money paid by those who use it. If folks don't want to pay to use it, they have the option of using the "free" roads.
[quote]

Well, up the road at your State Capital.....they actually tried to toll roads that had been existing for years by saying they were originally supposed to be part of the system but the public outcry was too strong. TDOT has all the money in the world to build roads but it ends up in all kinds of pork barrel projects that have nothing to do with roads. Several years ago the state operated MHMR dept. of mental health etc. didn't have any money for their "programs" so they sold a prime piece of real estate land (450 acres) to TDOT because TXDOT had money and they didn't and they wanted it.......so TXDOT got to buy prime commercial real estate with highway funds....crap like that. Here's another good example of where the money goes....if you have "special cows that get to drink beer and get massages" you can charge more for the land that is taken.......S.H. 130 is a TOLL road but the state acquires the land......private entities have no condemnation rights, they have to buy the land from a willing seller.

Jury: Rancher shortchanged for SH 130 land
Austin Business Journal - 1:56 PM CST Mondayby Jonathan SeldenStaff writer
Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed
A Travis County jury ruled last week that the state underpaid an Austin cattle rancher almost $5 million when it condemned his land last year to make way for the new State Highway 130.

The jury awarded Austin rancher Sam Harrell almost $7 million last week in his fight against the Texas Department of Transportation for taking 174 acres of his 290-acre organic cattle ranch located about four miles north of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

In July 2005, TxDOT offered Harrell's Harrell Ranch Ltd. about $2 million for the land. Harrell rejected the offer and the Travis County Special Commissioners' Panel then offered a little more -- $2.1 million.

But Harrell's lawyer, Kevin Maguire with the Dallas office of Strasburger & Price LLP, says Harrell's ranch is no ordinary piece of ground.

"It was a very unique property," he says.

In fact, its one of the few ranches in the country certified to raise prized Japanese Kobe beef, which dines on beer and enjoys massages. So Harrell appealed the panel's award to trial before a Travis County jury.

Strasburger says the verdict is the largest condemnation verdict in Travis County history -- and the largest in Texas since a Harris County verdict in October 2004.

Maguire says the ranch's remaining 116 acres are useless now with SH 130 cutting "right down the middle of it."

The state has 30 days to appeal the award, he says.

So you think the cow knows what kind of land it is on.......not..........your tax dollars at work....enjoy the roads................ oh hey I screwed up the quote/reply thing....too bad, I'm too lazy to fix it.............Draggin (what's stays pi$$ed at the state idiots all the time) S

Old 11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Draggin S
Well,

I just think it's Un-American that we have frikken toll roads in the first place.......what does all that gas-tax money go for???
That's easy. The states have increased their spending in all other areas and cannot pay for them. So they steal from the highway funds. And now they are not only toll roads, but being sold to foreign companies. So your tax money paid for roads that the states give to other countries (in effect).

Old 11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: King Rider
Also, from what I have heard, the TxTag is a sticker so I am not sure the Easyholder would work. I am thinking about making something (chrome of course) to attach to the windshield and remove it when I want.
Unless different than the NTTA TollTag, it should be a credit-card sized RF transmitter w/velcro on it.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I have one register to my bike, but I never carry it with me.
Me either. NTTA told me that as long as there is money in my account, it doesn't matter as it will be deducted manually. That havng been said, I check my acct balance every so often and have YET to see any charges from the scoot, just the cage (with the tag on the windshield). So, am I lucky or are they a buncha idiots???

Old 11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Bassman
Road Master

Stick it in your pocket. Thats what I do with mine. It is my understanding that the reader is not a visual reader, so it does not need to see it to read it.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hd_sob

Me either. NTTA told me that as long as there is money in my account, it doesn't matter as it will be deducted manually. That havng been said, I check my acct balance every so often and have YET to see any charges from the scoot, just the cage (with the tag on the windshield). So, am I lucky or are they a buncha idiots???
Ditto that!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I always ride the white stripe when I go through the ez pass lane...???... If you look real close, you can see the seams in the concrete where the scale triggers butt up to one another. There is space between lanes that is about 3" wide where there "appaears" to be no trigger strip.

Quick Reply: TxTag Toll Mount?