General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast scooter

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006 | 09:21 PM
seikan1
|
Road Warrior
Default Fast scooter

Today, on my way to work, I was passed by a small scooter doing at least 75 mph. I caught back up with him to make sure I saw it right. It was making one heck of a high pitched whine, but he had it unwound and was moving on. I didn't know those little things would move like that.

Old 10-31-2006 | 09:32 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Fast scooter

dont worry, the manufacturer says high pitched whine is due to some "slant" cut gear,, all is normal

Old 10-31-2006 | 10:14 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

some scooters will do 90 to 100 MPH

Old 10-31-2006 | 10:23 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

dont worry, the manufacturer says high pitched whine is due to some "slant" cut gear,, all is normal
that is a pretty funny double entendre, even if it sort of reflects poorly on you.

i have a little story for ya. i was at a buell testing at a local dealership when a buncha crazy hooligans on vespas and lambretta rolled in to the parking lot. while they were parking, one knuckle dragging inbred harley rider managed to pull the budwieser from his mouth long enough to blurt "naw dont yaall be parkin yer JAP CRAP next my 'merkin bike, haw haw...". everybody burst out laughing, including the harley goon, until he realised everyone was laughing at him for not knowing that italy isnt in japan.

Old 10-31-2006 | 10:30 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

that is a pretty funny double entendre, even if it sort of reflects poorly on you.

i have a little story for ya. i was at a buell testing at a local dealership when a buncha crazy hooligans on vespas and lambretta rolled in to the parking lot. while they were parking, one knuckle dragging inbred harley rider managed to pull the budwieser from his mouth long enough to blurt "naw dont yaall be parkin yer JAP CRAP next my 'merkin bike, haw haw...". everybody burst out laughing, including the harley goon, until he realised everyone was laughing at him for not knowing that italy isnt in japan.

ORIGINAL: T 3

That's true,but they were on the same side during World War II [sm=americanasmiley.gif] for some guys I guess that's close enough....

Old 11-01-2006 | 02:33 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I had a Yamaha Majesty 396cc scooter. From zero until 10 mph it had the acceleration of Grandma's Buick wagon, but then it hooked up and popped to 80 like right now! Topped at 100 in stock form. It was so hard to believe. And stable too. Honda and a couple others make 650's.

Maxi-scooters are quite the machine for what they are meant for, but... now everybody join in... "They ain't a Harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ORIGINAL: seikan1

Today, on my way to work, I was passed by a small scooter doing at least 75 mph. I caught back up with him to make sure I saw it right. It was making one heck of a high pitched whine, but he had it unwound and was moving on. I didn't know those little things would move like that.

Old 11-01-2006 | 04:43 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member

When I was a kid we had a 1947 Cushman Scooter like the one below. It wasn't as nice but it sure was alot of fun. My friend and I rode it all over Hell's 40 acres. We even took a short ride down route 17 in NJ. I think we were about 14 years old back then (1952). I know we didn't have any license nor did the bike. What the Hell, we didn't care. We were free and crazy.

Our max speed was about 40mph if my memory serves me well.

Old 11-01-2006 | 05:01 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master

ORIGINAL: T 3

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

That's true,but they were on the same side during World War II [sm=americanasmiley.gif] for some guys I guess that's close enough....
uh, kinda like Porsche, who built German tanks and guns that were used against Our Greatest Generation, and later... uh, oh yeah, built the V-rod engine for Harley? [:@]

Old 11-01-2006 | 12:53 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

Gotta love the old Pushmans,my first ride at 13.Ran great untill the cluth got hot,then stop and cool off or PUSH.

Old 11-01-2006 | 01:57 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

I had a Yamaha Majesty 396cc scooter. From zero until 10 mph it had the acceleration of Grandma's Buick wagon, but then it hooked up and popped to 80 like right now! Topped at 100 in stock form. It was so hard to believe.
THere is a Majesty in my garage... It's surprisingly fun to ride and DAMN fast.... You can run 80 and never know, with plenty more to go, and it gets about 70mpg.

Quick Reply: Fast scooter