General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Americade vs. Laconia

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 AM
leachman
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Both are very good places. Americade is going to give you more options at accessory shopping where as laconia is going to be your t-shirt stop. Both have awesome roads for riding. It would be well worth going to both and formulate your own opinion.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 AM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Thumbs up

Ive been to laconia for the past 15 yrs, always do Americade for 1 day every year. I like to just ride up to americade to just do a ride and try different routes each yr. I wont pay a fee to go spend more money at the vendors, thats just crazy. But you can get a lot more accessories installed at americade if you want. Laconia has many vendors but not as many install/sales vendors as Americade. Laconia is spread out for sure but that makes it better now I think. Riding is great, Mt washington is awsome(9 x for me now). They have a bikes only day 2x during Laconia week so you wont have to deal with cagers. I make A run to Maine for lobster also during Laconia, and go way above Mt washington is great too. Nobody will hassle you unless you WANT TO be hassled. Ive hung with HA an bs with them for yrs, Met and talked to Sonny Barger there too. They are all good people who I would trust over my neighbor anyday. Ive done Sturgis 2x now and this yr is my 3rd. turgis is the best of the best, so save some $$ and vac time next yr and do Sturgis. You cnat just go 1 time to sturgis, there is so much to see you have to keep going back. For me it just seems to call me about every 3 yrs (like a little gremlin on my shoulder). In between Sturgis yrs I usually hit laconia. These are the 2 best riding rallies in my iponion. Jeff