General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am totally pi$$ed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That.............. SUCKS

I hate stupid people

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you on a hill or not? If not, go to the sight and take some photos from every angle and submit them as evidence.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Hindsight again. Should have taken pictures immediately to show her up against your bike and hopefully offer proof that you couldn't have backed into her. I always try to have a small camera with me when I ride. And I too would be totally pizzed at the lying bitch. Have you talked to the grandfather to let him know what is happening?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm just wondering, since you backed into her, does she plan to sue, and exactly how fast were you going in reverse, and how do you ride your bike backwards? Does anybody use common sense anymore? Whole situation sucks, I hope all works out for you.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She is pathetic.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzy
I had conversations with the Farmers adjustor, and when he told me that she claimed I backed into her, I laughed. He chuckled too and said "I know." Well today I get a letter from Farmers denying the claim because I backed into her. So I called the Farmers supervisor and he claimed it wasn't unheard of that a bike would back into someone on an incline and cause damage. I guess I must have forgotten to take my bike out of reverse right? So now I have to sue the b tch in small claims court.
Talk to a lawyer. After a bad faith failure to settle a claim, she may not be the only person you need to take to court. The last time this happened to me, it was my renter's insurance and I was working in a firm that did a lot of insurance work, which didn't seem to impress the adjuster. Apparently, they missed some part of "win or lose, this will cost you more than my claim." I ended up suing my insurance company, the adjuster and the agent. The procedure would be slightly different depending on your state's alws and the fact that it was he insurer. In my case they gave me a lot more than my claim, to settle the case before their 20 days to answer my complaint had run out.

You live in the state that literally invented the concept of "bad faith" failure to settle insurance claims. read up.

Personally, nothing makes me happier than a BS denial from an insurance company, which is just about as common as John Grisham says. It has happened to me 3 times and each time I came out way ahead, in a very short time, with little cost or effort.

Last edited by brenn; 05-31-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Chikin' **** bitch. Fukn people suk. Find out where she lives & torch her house.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i don't know whos dumber, the stupid bitch or the stupid adjuster..

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
SugsPa
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully this will never happen to me, but if it does, I'm going to start yelling I'm hurt. I'll have the police and an ambulance there. The things you have to do now days to protect yourself.

SugsPa

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Get your bike fixed under your insurance and let them fight it out with Farmers. My wife had a govt vehicle back into her parked bike last year and apparently there is some rule that the govt isn't responsible for paying anything more than your deductible. Took over a year but Progressive finally got the $500 deductible back for us from Uncle Sam.

I doubt it would be worth the time and aggravation to get a lawyer and fight this in court. World is full of liars, uninsured drivers and hit and runners.

Quick Reply: I am totally pi$$ed!