General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get your picture taken by strangers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

If you're that paranoid of having your photo taken, you may want to stay in your home...forever...

Red light cameras, security cameras in stores, security cameras on lamp posts, Google street view, etc...

Your photo is being captured all the time when you're in public.
Originally Posted by orangevette
its illegal among other things. unauthorized reproduction of a registered trademark.
And this idea is someone making up laws. If indeed a club has actually trademarked their logo, it's not illegal to take a photo of it. Most clubs probably don't have trademarks on their logos/names. It can be a difficult process and if they were to try and sue someone that took a photo of them in their colors or whatever, they'd be laughed out of court. A person taking a photo that has club colors in it isn't using the club's colors or logos to market their business by simply taking a picture of it.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
You do not take pictures of 1%ers without asking. Period.
I found the photo that you're all butt-hurt over.

Ever get your picture taken by strangers?-mini-bike.jpg

Ohh now i get it.... You're one of THOSE 1%ers. The ones that have bikes that are 1% the size of a real Harley. NOW it all makes sense.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
You do not take pictures of 1%ers without asking. Period.
Most idiots don't know this.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not that photogenic, although once I was stopped for a cold drink along Route 66 west of Seligman. A bus was parked in a gravel lot across the street. A group of Japanese tourists got off and several took photos. Some asked to stand next to me or the scoot for their photo op.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
I'm not that photogenic, although once I was stopped for a cold drink along Route 66 west of Seligman. A bus was parked in a gravel lot across the street. A group of Japanese tourists got off and several took photos. Some asked to stand next to me or the scoot for their photo op.
Same thing happened to me when I had my Min Pin with me on Rte 66. I had to stand with her at the bike so 2 bus loads of German tourists could take our picture. Didn't mind too much, but figured next time I'm going to start charging for people to take pictures of my biker dog!

Attached Thumbnails Ever get your picture taken by strangers?-66-bike.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,010 Likes on 17,911 Posts

Ever get your picture taken by strangers?

Yes sir and had my clothes on in some of them .

Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 746 Likes on 277 Posts

Only once to my knowledge; and I wonder why.

My wife and I were riding our bikes on the Burlington Bay Skyway in Burlington, Ontario; and someone in a small car cruised up next to us, passed us slowly on the left, cut into my lane ahead of me (not close enough to be a concern), then cut into the lane to the right of us and slowed down. I didn't understand, then noticed a passenger in the back seat filming us. I smiled and flashed them the "hang loose" sign, and they waved and sped away.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,183 Likes on 1,803 Posts

This thread was just as funny the second time around 6 months later...

Really? REALLY?
Wear a ski mask all the time...cuz of dem street cams taking your picture when you go through intersections, toll booths, major crammed areas of highways...hell, hard to ride 100 miles in most areas without being on film unless yer out in the sticks.

There's more important things to get yer panties in a wad over.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, lots a few weeks ago. Tourists (foreign) like American bikers and bikes apparently. Stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge, noticed people taking our pics while we were sitting on the wall/fence...Vegas, too!

Also at the Grand Canyon, Asian tourists snapped a bunch of pics of us. Kind of cool.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting thread. This past summer, on a trip to Az, a family of Asians--- Mom, Dad, and young daughter, asked to take a picture of us at the Grand Canyon with our Harley. I smiled at the young girl and said, "How'd you like to be in the picture?" I picked her up and set her on the bike, and then said to her parents, "Now, you stand here, too," and I took their picture with a Harley, using their camera.

I'm thinking that will be more of a memory to them than a picture of a couple of strangers and a Harley.

---------------------

A few years ago, a park in Hutchinson, Mn, was dedicated in memory of a VietNam MIA. His cousin, a good friend of mine and fellow ride captain with the Mn Patriot Guard, asked me to take pictures of all bikers attending, that he could give to his cousin's aged parents in a scrapbook. I walked down the sidewalk, talking to and taking pictures of groups of 2, 3, 4 at a time. The very last group of four people had a 1%'er in it. He objected to having his picture taken.

Fine. I took a picture of the other three. The family will now forever not know that he or the club he represented was there.

-------------

I have been at many PGR missions where members from numerous clubs also attended. I always ask first, but take pictures of the back patches, and present the picture link of the mission to the family of the Fallen Hero, or Wounded Warrier, or returning soldier, or Honor Flights....whatever the case may be. Many of the clubs, 1 % or otherwise, have very strong ties to the military, and we stand side by side with them on the flag line. The families have always been very appreciative of getting the pictures, as the day they just experienced is often just a fog.

Quick Reply: Ever get your picture taken by strangers?