General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get your picture taken by strangers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Cinci-King
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm knew to this forum and a first time HD owner.

So I just want to say... WTF People This is the same type of B/S that kept me away from HD and on Metric and BMW bikes in the past.

1%ers, 3 piece patches, etc, F--- that nonsense. I bought the bike because I love the way it looks and it's a blast to ride. I'm not a biker, prospect, poser, and I don't care for the biker image. I just like to ride bikes.

If you want to take my picture, that's fine, just please don't be rude about it. If I want to take yours the same applies.

If you're sooo F---ing Bad that you can't be photographed, then stay in your garage looking in the mirror and repeat that over and over again to yourself.

Riding bikes is about enjoying your passion and sharing it with similar minded people AND if you're not such a PR--K about it you may meet some really nice/interesting people along the way.

Go ahead and bash me now, I can take it

Last edited by Cinci-King; 06-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cinci-King

So I just want to say... WTF People This is the same type of B/S that kept me away from HD and on Metric and BMW bikes in the past.

1%ers, 3 piece patches, etc, F--- that nonsense. I bought the bike because I love the way it looks and it's a blast to ride. I'm not a biker, prospect, poser, and I don't care for the biker image. I just like to ride bikes.

If you want to take my picture, that's fine, just please don't be rude about it. If I want to take yours the same applies.

If you're sooo F---ing Bad that you can't be photographed, then stay in your garage looking in the mirror and repeat that over and over again to yourself.

Riding bikes is about enjoying your passion and sharing it with similar minded people AND if you're not such a PR--K about it you may meet some really nice/interesting people along the way.

-

Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

welcome to the forum. nice to see someone else from this area (I'm just east of Dayton)

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
4trax
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ragtop
I think that would have been a very bad mood, this was a group of 1%ers,
and you would have been dealing with at least 50 of his crew!
But, it was right before the bridge going into the beach area, so it would have been broken up pretty quick. I'm just glad it wasn't me!
It prolly would be a very bad "move" but I would rather get my *** kicked while at least trying to stick up for myself and others, then just walk or run with my camera tucked.

I WILL NOT BE PUNK'ed by some 1%, 2%, skim 0r whatever the **** they call them selves!

Old 06-09-2011, 05:44 PM
4trax
Cruiser

Old 06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
4trax
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jdunn01
Wow This SH@t really cracks me up.

Now i don't want to start crap but here we go.

Isn't the big attraction of being a 1% er is that you don't have to follow anyone's rules/laws except the ones you decide apply to you? The criminal mind set and all? Otherwise not sure why you would call yourself a 1%er.

So taking that the next logical step why the heck would you think or care if anyone should respect your rules/"laws"?

My thought is this would make the photographer a 1%er of the photography world and shouldn't you respect him for being a "rebel" much like yourself just in a different "club"?

Sorry but can people who don't respect the rest of the worlds rule/laws expect anyone to honor theirs?

Sure you can get all pissy and beat someone up that breaks your "rules" but seriously why the hell? What happens then when all the photography clubs start packing heat and catch you out by yourself and beat you for giggles and grins?

My point is simply, think of how the F'ed up world would be if every "club"/Organization took this mind set. It would be total chaos and then the 1% ers of the motorcycle world would become the 99% of the rest of the world and then how would you differentiate yourself? Start obeying the rules and laws of society so could then reclaim your 1% status?

Why can't we all just get along?

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Um, so he was supposed to do what? Run out into the street and flag you down and say "Oh, Mr. Badass Biker Dude, Can I please take your picture?" Would that have been better? Then, you would have been on here bitchin about some dork who ran out in the street,,,,,, well, you get the idea.

BTW, I take pictures in public of whoever and whatever I f'n want because some real badasses are over in the sandbox right now getting shot at so I can be free to do what I want without anyone "telling" me I can't. Just sayin.
LMAO!!!:icon _that:

Old 06-09-2011, 06:41 PM
phaugly
Intermediate

Wonder how many posers are now going to feel the need to kick someones *** thats taking their pic.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
bob malugalugalugaluga...and don't you forget it

Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 4trax
It prolly would be a very bad "move" but I would rather get my *** kicked while at least trying to stick up for myself and others, then just walk or run with my camera tucked.

I WILL NOT BE PUNK'ed by some 1%, 2%, skim 0r whatever the **** they call them selves!
I feel the same way. but any that I've met were always quite friendly, if they're going start any trouble or hassling you there usually has to be a group of them. When they're 1 on 1 they usually stay nice lest someone opens up a can of whoop *** on them.

Quick Reply: Ever get your picture taken by strangers?