General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get your picture taken by strangers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petemac
An old lady tried taking a picture of my HOG club on Sunday when we stopped at the DQ on the way home. Let's just say she sleeps with the fishes now.... lol.
That just made me laugh out loud, you bad a$$

Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM
jdunn01
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow This SH@t really cracks me up.

Now i don't want to start crap but here we go.

Isn't the big attraction of being a 1% er is that you don't have to follow anyone's rules/laws except the ones you decide apply to you? The criminal mind set and all? Otherwise not sure why you would call yourself a 1%er.

So taking that the next logical step why the heck would you think or care if anyone should respect your rules/"laws"?

My thought is this would make the photographer a 1%er of the photography world and shouldn't you respect him for being a "rebel" much like yourself just in a different "club"?

Sorry but can people who don't respect the rest of the worlds rule/laws expect anyone to honor theirs?

Sure you can get all pissy and beat someone up that breaks your "rules" but seriously why the hell? What happens then when all the photography clubs start packing heat and catch you out by yourself and beat you for giggles and grins?

My point is simply, think of how the F'ed up world would be if every "club"/Organization took this mind set. It would be total chaos and then the 1% ers of the motorcycle world would become the 99% of the rest of the world and then how would you differentiate yourself? Start obeying the rules and laws of society so could then reclaim your 1% status?

Why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Fulano
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On our Grand Canyon trip, I pulled into a gas station with my two brothers and ol' man on our bikes. An older lady (sounded like she was from the south somewhere) asked us politely if she could take her picture with us. I enjoy the attention a lot of the time. I see no problem with having your picture taken, especially when they're so polite in the approach.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
You do not take pictures of 1%ers without asking. Period.
Really wow you live in a make believe world... what are you going to do run up and beat down every jack off who has a camera...

Originally Posted by orangevette
not a good thing to take a picture of faces and club colors without asking. its illegal among other things. unauthorized reproduction of a registered trademark.
should be one of those things that allows for the camera to be shoved in a position that will only allow for the pictures of various toilets to be taken for a future coffee table book.
wow, what color is the ski in your world... just wondering

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Um, so he was supposed to do what? Run out into the street and flag you down and say "Oh, Mr. Badass Biker Dude, Can I please take your picture?" Would that have been better? Then, you would have been on here bitchin about some dork who ran out in the street,,,,,, well, you get the idea.

BTW, I take pictures in public of whoever and whatever I f'n want because some real badasses are over in the sandbox right now getting shot at so I can be free to do what I want without anyone "telling" me I can't. Just sayin.
i loved this answer.... exactly what i was thinking

Originally Posted by chuckw2
There's a guy here that hangs out on Ortega hwy and down by Cooks Corner that takes pics of passing bikes and cars then puts them on his website for sale so the owners can buy pics of themselves they wouldn't otherwise be able to take. Pretty cool deal he's got going. I'll have to ask him what he does when 1%'rs go by.

ive seen this guy, when the really really scary 1%ers come riding down the road, he runs away screaming and hides his head, hoping and praying the scary 1%ers dont kill him and chop his body up

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4trax
You are correct! The wife says thank you.
No thank her, and thank you for sharing

Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
yeah...a carload of asian tourists at a stop light....I smiled and waved....they started to freak out and smile and wave back and give me the thumbs up.....was kinda funny.
Asians in Canada? NO! The last time I was up there I thought I took a wrong turn and ended up in Bangkok.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
So according to the general consensus here it is ok to take pictures of anyone in public. Wonder what you guys would do if some guy just walked up and started taking pictures of your 14 year old daughter and your license plates.
As far as my license plates go, why would I care? I don't have a record of any kind. As for the other, it happened and I took care of it personally. I guess what I shoulda done instead was cried about it on a forum, that seems alot more effective.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by 4trax
The FIGHT would've been on, if that happenned to me! Nobody has any right to kick anyone else or even touch them!
I think that would have been a very bad move, this was a group of 1%ers,
and you would have been dealing with at least 50 of his crew!
But, it was right before the bridge going into the beach area, so it would have been broken up pretty quick. I'm just glad it wasn't me!

Last edited by Ragtop; 06-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Everybody say cheeeese!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, years ago when we did the NSRA and Good Guys shows, I was in lots of pics....

Now no one cares to take one of me on my bike....hmmm.

Quick Reply: Ever get your picture taken by strangers?