General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Witnessed a fatal motorcycle accident.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel for the guy's parents
i feel more for the innocent couple the guy involved in his stupidity
( i wish that these idiots with a death wish would wind up piling into a bridge, off a cliff, into a parked car, ect, instead of traumatizing innocent people with their actions )

Last edited by NorCal Dog; 05-31-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCal Dog
i feel for the guy's parents
i feel more for the innocent couple the guy involved in his stupidity

note to self; stupidity WILL get you killed, it's just a matter of when
Yeah, that's about the size of it. The people left behind are the ones who are going to relive this all the time. Too many stupid things by too many stupid people with no regards for others.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed kills.his time was up,its a shame but if you ride like a idiot its sooner or later that it ends like this.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
I'm sure a lot of us(I know I did) rode like idiots when we were young but lucked out and survived. Sad to see someone die so young and the pain his parents will go through. Life looks a lot different at 50 than 20.
So true, so tragic for all left behind. The older we get the more we understand life is but a gasp.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior

It's a sad thing, no matter who was at fault or what the cause.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:13 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I always hate to hear about any fatal accident, especially when a young person and a bike are involved. As has been posted earlier, I was no angel in my younger years, (though I did most fo my "wild rides" in sparsely populated areas). But, I still did foolish things at times, and I won't say I'm above making a mistake now, just hope that I'm blessed to live through it if I do, and still hoping it isn't somebody elses mistake that takes me out.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Might have been his fault, but who knows. I just rolled up at about 15 mph on an old lady at a stop sign today. I saw Buick, old lady, on cell phone, wheels never stopped rolling. So all the alarms and whistles were going off in my head. I blipped my loud pipes, while she stared in my direction. And never stopped. Just made her right turn oblivious to my presence. Probably deaf, blind, preoccupied with grandchild's exploits. I am an optometrist and know many elderly people are vision impaired, and won't stop driving. So don't be so quick to speak ill of the dead. Especially hearsay. When you ride fear the elderly. Don’t care if that is politically incorrect.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master

Originally Posted by barjbar
A guy standing next to me must have seen my Harley Davidson cap and told me he was riding his bike eastbound and stopped as the red light changed from green to red. He said the guy blew by him, at high speed, between him and the car in the next lane. He said it scared the crap out of him. The Asian couple pulled out of the CVS drug store to make a left and the bike was going so fast they didn't see it coming.
kinda sounds like he blew thru the red light & nailed a car to me, as there were witnesses ( reading comprehension IS awesome )

Old 05-31-2011, 02:10 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default G D Shame!

Sometimes I think that the biggest plus that I have going for myself out there is that I'm not a young, snot nosed idiot that thinks I'm going to live forever!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a shame but he brought it on himself. I feel for his family, but like others not for him. You can't feel sorry for someone who gets shot in the head while playing Russian Roulette.

Quick Reply: Witnessed a fatal motorcycle accident.