General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Medical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006 | 07:48 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Medical Problem

You gatta stay in shape to ride that beauty. If I didn't have my Bob, I would have a train. Love the bike!!! Stay well and don't forget to stretch!!
ORIGINAL: T 3

Good post Fmshiner,right on the money.

I was starting to have some left posterior hip/back pain,was worried that it might be a herniated disk,bothered me a lot when seated for long periods of time.

This past summer I drifted away from off road mountain biking and back towards running.I'd learned a few years back and all over again last summer that cycling although fun and a decent workout....really is an inefficient way to maintain fitness.You have to ride hours on a bicycle to acheive the benefits of a 30- 40 minute run.

Without really thinking about it I noticed towards the end of the summer that my hip/back pain had disappeared 100% Running's a "whole body" excercise,and in this case it whipped some slack abdominal/pelvic and back muscles of mine into shape and now I'm pain free. 2nd best option:eliptical trainer- easy on joints,can do it indoors all year long,almost as good as running as a whole body workout.

Mostly quit the cycling,a quick run does more for me overall and leaves a lot more time to ride the Train....