General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by firebrick
This is completely untrue.
Really?

You are completely wrong.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:37 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously, who cares if a bunch of thugs get messed with by the cops. ask me, the cops are doing their jobs. those guys are nothing but a bunch of crooks. they are not the normal motorcycle enthusiast out for a weekend ride. they make their living committing crime. screw em. im sure now all the 1%er groupies with flame on... i dont care.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:45 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dang! Really?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Really?

seriously? read back through the thread and see why you are wrong, you just dont have a concept of what cops can legally do. you just have a skewed vision about what you believe they should be able to do. fact is you are not arrested with cuffs on.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Seriously, who cares if a bunch of thugs get messed with by the cops. ask me, the cops are doing their jobs. those guys are nothing but a bunch of crooks. they are not the normal motorcycle enthusiast out for a weekend ride. they make their living committing crime. screw em. im sure now all the 1%er groupies with flame on... i dont care.
Interested to know how many actual 1% patch holders you have had at least a single conversation with? Or are you just talking like most do here? Or are you a cop? So many misconceptions on these forums it isn't even worth trying to right them anymore.

Anyway, this was shocking to you guys, but everyday life for them. They are followed to work, home, the grocery store, etc. The same cop who has pulled over a patch 30 times on his way home from work (yes the overwhelming majority of 1%'ers work steady jobs) for no reason, never arresting him for anything, never finding anything on him, will continue to do it over and over to attempt to assert their dominance over citizens. Cops love mind games. It sucks, but it is just something that you live with if you are in a club. They will follow your wife and kids to Wal Mart for grins while you are at work, and wonder why no love is lost?

But you can't tell most people anything. They don't want to believe it. So believe what you want.

Ride safe and DON'T SIGN THE CARD!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Really?

Actually, no he's not.

I explained it already in this thread (I know, it's too long to read), and gave the sections out of the supreme court decision that are relevant. It's called "Terry vs. Ohio"
Police can restrain (i.e., handcuff) someone without arresting them, and it's perfectly legal! They can also "un-arrest" someone once they have been arrested.

I know you don't like living in our police state, but unfortunately that's the law and it probably won't be changing in our lifetimes.

If you still think I'm mistaken, please offer some sort of evidence to your claims. (Law & Order doesn't count)

Last edited by Ghosteh; 05-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
Interested to know how many actual 1% patch holders you have had at least a single conversation with? Or are you just talking like most do here? Or are you a cop? So many misconceptions on these forums it isn't even worth trying to right them anymore.

Anyway, this was shocking to you guys, but everyday life for them. They are followed to work, home, the grocery store, etc. The same cop who has pulled over a patch 30 times on his way home from work (yes the overwhelming majority of 1%'ers work steady jobs) for no reason, never arresting him for anything, never finding anything on him, will continue to do it over and over to attempt to assert their dominance over citizens. Cops love mind games. It sucks, but it is just something that you live with if you are in a club. They will follow your wife and kids to Wal Mart for grins while you are at work, and wonder why no love is lost?

But you can't tell most people anything. They don't want to believe it. So believe what you want.

Ride safe and DON'T SIGN THE CARD!
I couldn't have said it better myself, all the naysayers get their info from Gangland or other bs shows... and its obvious they believe every word... they're just sheep following the flock,

I know what i know (which isn't much) and believe what I believe in...

Nothing but RESPECT to the patchholders

Old 05-30-2011, 12:30 AM
glydman
Intermediate

Washington just passed a new anti biker profiling law. No more bugging me cause I wear black leathers.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
Actually, no he's not.

I explained it already in this thread (I know, it's too long to read), and gave the sections out of the supreme court decision that are relevant. It's called "Terry vs. Ohio"
Police can restrain (i.e., handcuff) someone without arresting them, and it's perfectly legal! They can also "un-arrest" someone once they have been arrested.

I know you don't like living in our police state, but unfortunately that's the law and it probably won't be changing in our lifetimes.

If you still think I'm mistaken, please offer some sort of evidence to your claims. (Law & Order doesn't count)

I believe that you are making a very expansive interpretation of Terry vs Ohio. You need to actually read the decision.

I admit that many police departments take that same expansive view as you and get away with it because "Terry" is used as cover usually on poor and/or uneducated suspects who cannot afford to challenge or are ignorant of their rights. I doubt that more than a few, if any, wealthy and educated people have been handcuffed and released on the street without negative repercussions to the officer(s).

I do not intend to debate on a motorcycle forum points of law that nine politically appointed Supreme Court justices are unable to unanimously agree upon.

As to your reference to "our police state" you are also incorrect. This is not a police state and I intend to do whatever I can to insure that it never is.

I have a lot of respect for law enforcement properly administered and not in violation of the U.S. Constitution. I also have a great respect and love for individual liberty and freedom.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.