General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garand
I suppose none of you would have a problem if it was 20 Muslims pulled over that had symbols on their clothing liking them to known extremist groups. Even if they were just minding their own business.

How about 20 illegal Mexicans speeding down the highway on the way to their jobs at a construction site? (displacing American workers)

Pulling them over for speeding would be profiling? Then they don't have U.S. issued IDs and can't speak English... would detaining them until the police can confirm their identity and immigration status be unconstitutional?

Old 05-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Floridasoftailman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racial (mid-east terrorist looking type) profiling at an airport and Mongol profiling on an interstate make sense to me. Nobody's rights are being violated. MC clibs commit crimes. If you roll with one you will be suspected of being a possible criminal. DUH!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master

Originally Posted by fat_tony
If someone advertises to the world they support criminal values with a 1% patch they can't really complain about profiling. I just makes the cops job a lot easier.
Very true! Its not supposed to influence people, but it does.

I went to court once and the defendant showed up wearing his impressive purple & gold pimp-suit & a shirt that said "life of crime". Needless to say, the judge was not impressed. I can't help but think that things would have gone a little easier for him if he had just worn a pair of slacks and a button-down shirt.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjae
Its tough to say, not knowing all the details. Maybe they were speeding. Idaho LEOs generally leave people alone, at least as far as I have noticed. However, this particular 1% club carries a reputation with it. My guess is they wouldn't have been pulled over if they had Wild Hogs Patches.
Explain to me how this is NOT profiling.

Can you imagine the uproar if LEO's pulled over a group or 20 black motorcyclists.. then handcuffed everyone and did a search?

Old 05-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master

Originally Posted by traveler
If you live anywhere near the city, you have grown up around criminal activity your whole life.

If you've ever been a neighborhood that is mob controlled...it is the most peaceful and quiet neighborhood you will see.

Violence and straight talk have a way of providing that in a way that blue suit and badges never will.

I'm sure the people in Juarez, Mexico would disagree with you.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
jthom33
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its fairly amusing, guys getting thier panties in a twist of profiling of 1% clubs, yet in the same breath they have no problems saying LEO'S are dirty, corrupt and not to be trusted. Hypocrisy?

In the end maybe you should treat others as you wish to be treated. I relaize this is fairly simplistic but in reality, if you just want to go camping, be polite and friendly. If you want a rep as a badass act like one, but dont complain when you get treated as one.

Thank you to our troops, defending our rights to qibble on this forum!!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:06 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

I've dealt with the mob and have dealt with the cops. Give me the mob ANY DAY!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
axel black
Road Captain

Hell ya

Old 05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Handcuffed, searched and released?

When an officer denies someone their freedom by handcuffing them he has in effect arrested them. An officer does not have the authority to "un-arrest" someone. They should be taken before a magistrate. These unconstitutional procedures are why officers and their departments and towns get sued. If this is a safety precaution as stated by a previous poster then there is something lacking in training with those officers. Preventive detention is a poor policy for this country.
This is completely untrue.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:39 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Good grief.....

Sure is a lot of speculation out there..... Far as I know none of us were actually present when this took place so none of us know all the details. (And no, I don't blindly believe everything I see in print, so I took the article for what it's worth)....

I'm right No I'm right

Last edited by OldFenderGuy; 05-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.