General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunch Meat
Why would anyone think that a 1% patch means supporting criminal activity? .

Your joking. right?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the ISP managed to do was significantly increase Mongol street cred in the area (as if the Mongols MC needed more cred in the 1% world).

Old 05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I for one am glad that Gangland and SOA are on TV, it makes some of you experts on the MC's.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:06 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Because that's what the accepted definition of a 1 percenter is, someone who belongs to an outlaw motorcycle club, which by definition is a club that engages in and condones criminal activity. Read the article below or Google 1 percenter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

Thats not to say there are some ill informed people out there who think the HA, Bandetos, etc. are all about raising money for toys for tots and just having a good time on motorcycles. According to the article some of those stopped had outstanding arrest warrants, weapons, etc. so it probably was not a group ride buy some 99%er recreational club that got pulled over. It's just the police doing their job. Taking some of those guys off the street is probably a good thing.
Well, Tony....maybe there's someone you know who thinks it would be good to get YOU off the street?

Is that enough to do so?

~Joe

Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by freddyttt
Your joking. right?
If you live anywhere near the city, you have grown up around criminal activity your whole life.

If you've ever been a neighborhood that is mob controlled...it is the most peaceful and quiet neighborhood you will see.

Violence and straight talk have a way of providing that in a way that blue suit and badges never will.

1% will never have anything to do with you, unless you enter THEIR world. Don't believe the hype.....Gangland is a show made to stir up angst about something the populace doesn't know.

~Joe

Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoarse
We all know why OJ got away with murder, because OJ had money and the public something the average joe has neither of. When the judicial system is under a microscope they know how to put on a show. I know how this **** works you got money you got a chance, your broke your just another sucker. Yup that was a big lesson they taught the LAPD I heard alot of them got fined and went to jail over that one.
When the good cops don't police their own, and bad cops are allowed to be heavy handed, backlash will occur in one form or another. The jury was full of people who wanted to "get even" with the LAPD.

That was my point.

~Joe

Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 AM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
If you live anywhere near the city, you have grown up around criminal activity your whole life.

If you've ever been a neighborhood that is mob controlled...it is the most peaceful and quiet neighborhood you will see.

Violence and straight talk have a way of providing that in a way that blue suit and badges never will.

1% will never have anything to do with you, unless you enter THEIR world. Don't believe the hype.....Gangland is a show made to stir up angst about something the populace doesn't know.

~Joe
Its nice to know we can count on criminal orginizations to keep the general public in its place. That sounds like REAL freedom to me.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer

Originally Posted by traveler

~Joe
Well put sir!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:44 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suppose none of you would have a problem if it was 20 Muslims pulled over that had symbols on their clothing liking them to known extremist groups. Even if they were just minding their own business.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
fast2live
Tourer

Originally Posted by garand
I suppose none of you would have a problem if it was 20 Muslims pulled over that had symbols on their clothing liking them to known extremist groups. Even if they were just minding their own business.
If they all wore Sons of Allah t-shirts they would be a hell of a lot easier to target.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.