General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 01:20 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

If someone advertises to the world they support criminal values with a 1% patch they can't really complain about profiling. I just makes the cops job a lot easier.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:31 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

In a perfect world, they wouldn't stop you unless they actually saw you do something illegal.

They want to stop you before you do something wrong. Used to be, a man was innocent until proven guilty.

Now....people who don't conform MUST be pressured to either conform, or live an uncomfortable existence.

It is what it is.

You will never find a beat cop that will admit that what they are doing is wrong. If they don't like you, they will find a way to get you. That's the way it's always been.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 05-29-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would anyone think that a 1% patch means supporting criminal activity? Goes back to my earlier post, your watching too much Gangland. I guess everyone has their opinion.

That badge doesn't make a man any better than the next one. Chief and Asst Chief from my hometown got 25 yrs each for rape here a yr or so ago.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:10 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Alot of misinformation on 1%.

Fact is, most men don't have what it takes to earn a patch from a 1% M/C.

~Joe

Old 05-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Wonder if this would've happened if it was a group of goldwings, I think not.

A group of Harleys sporting HOG patches, unlikely...

It's flat out profiling and harassment, plain and simple. to cuff people for a "routine" stop makes it less than routine....
To pull over 20 in one stop makes it less than routine.

Even if they were wearing 1% patches, ain't nothing illegal about riding down the hiway with your buddies.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Hoarse
Intermediate

I have been arrested and harassed by the local LEOs for a few years now. Why because I used to date one the LEOs ol lady. I have been arrested had my bike impounded and falsely charged for felony evading arrest, it was thrown out before ever making it too court. I didn't really understand before but you really have very little rights. Even though the felony evading arrest was a BS charge it was my word against the LEOs and the judge around here will tell you he has to believe his officer before you. My charge never made it too court because I grew up with the arresting officers Sargent and he knew it was BS. If this would have been anywhere else I might have gotten 5years for something I did not do. When you get right down to it you don't have any rights stop kidding yourself, its your word against theirs and your words don't count for much. After this happening I have a huge distrust for LEOs.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:28 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Yep. One of the reasons OJ got away with the murder, is because the people on the jury wanted to teach the LAPD a lesson.

~Joe

Old 05-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,906 Likes on 987 Posts

Let's call a spade a spade. These police officers were on a mission with three objectives:

1. Fun (Roust a group of 1%ers, and let them know just how much they weren't welcome in the state of Idaho).

2. Fishing (Run wants and warrants on the entire group).

3. Intel (Refresh their gang database with the names of all members, prospects, and other associates).

Unfortunately for the Mongols, they were going to get pulled over and harassed no matter what they did or didn't do. 1mph over the speed limit? They're getting stopped. Apehangers an inch too high? Pull over. Wear that patch, or any other 1% club patch? Standby for the harassment package.

I don't see this bullshit ever changing.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Hoarse
Intermediate

We all know why OJ got away with murder, because OJ had money and the public something the average joe has neither of. When the judicial system is under a microscope they know how to put on a show. I know how this **** works you got money you got a chance, your broke your just another sucker. Yup that was a big lesson they taught the LAPD I heard alot of them got fined and went to jail over that one.

Last edited by Hoarse; 05-29-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:07 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunch Meat
Why would anyone think that a 1% patch means supporting criminal activity?
Because that's what the accepted definition of a 1 percenter is, someone who belongs to an outlaw motorcycle club, which by definition is a club that engages in and condones criminal activity. Read the article below or Google 1 percenter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

Thats not to say there are some ill informed people out there who think the HA, Bandetos, etc. are all about raising money for toys for tots and just having a good time on motorcycles. According to the article some of those stopped had outstanding arrest warrants, weapons, etc. so it probably was not a group ride buy some 99%er recreational club that got pulled over. It's just the police doing their job. Taking some of those guys off the street is probably a good thing.

Last edited by fat_tony; 05-29-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.