General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:45 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,483 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Has any one ever seen a "pack of Corvettes pulled over" during one of their cruises. I men, they wear patches also. I could also bet ya at least one would be carrying.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Handcuffed, searched and released?

When an officer denies someone their freedom by handcuffing them he has in effect arrested them. An officer does not have the authority to "un-arrest" someone. They should be taken before a magistrate. These unconstitutional procedures are why officers and their departments and towns get sued. If this is a safety precaution as stated by a previous poster then there is something lacking in training with those officers. Preventive detention is a poor policy for this country.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:50 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wyndnface
Ya right,,,,, "a routine traffic stop"
A routine multi-jurisdictional traffic stop.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:58 PM
deermasher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds to me they were looking for someone or something in patcular. it was anything but routine.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like the ISP got to pull over a big bad motorcycle club and then got all scared and called in more back up......jeeezeeee

Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 PM
JC650
Road Captain

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Handcuffed, searched and released?

When an officer denies someone their freedom by handcuffing them he has in effect arrested them. An officer does not have the authority to "un-arrest" someone. They should be taken before a magistrate. These unconstitutional procedures are why officers and their departments and towns get sued. If this is a safety precaution as stated by a previous poster then there is something lacking in training with those officers. Preventive detention is a poor policy for this country.
So much of your statement is untrue. It IS legal to detain someone in handcuffs for the safety of the officer and the subject while conducting an investigation. Where in any states penal law does it say something like someone who has handcuffs on them must go before a judge. A police officer most certainly can un arrest someone. Ill give you an example, upon arriving at the scene of an assault an officer grabs a suspect and places him in handcuffs for everyones safety. Upon further investigation it is apparent that the sus and vic are best friends. The best friend/victim refuses to prosecute,officer removes cuffs and everyone goes about their life.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:20 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Unconstitutional.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:31 PM
CopperHD
Advanced

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Unconstitutional.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 PM
CopperHD
Advanced

Last time i checked we lived in the United States not a police state where individuals are treated as guilty because of the way they dress. Innocent until proven guilty is the way things should be but what it seems is that you are guilty and have to prove your innocence today. The whole handcuffed for "safety" is a crock, unlawful detainment comes to mind here.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 327 Likes on 189 Posts

I wasn't there, didn't see it happen. I don't see anything news worthy about it.
Funny that people on this forum seem more outraged by it than the guys who got stopped.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.