General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:09 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the big deal. Happens all the time. Can't tell you how many times I got pulled over for a shake down when I was wearing a patch. Had my pic taking so many times I thought I was a celebrity. By the way there are lots of 1% MC members who are law abiding citizens, we were told " you do some kind of dirty chit, don't do it where you bring chit back to the club". You F up do it on your own.

Got stopped last year . I was just riding down as friends with the club.. club got stopped, searched the run truck for dope ect. I will say this. If you are traveling make sure that you keep your prescription meds in properly labeled containers. You can get arrested for having controlled substance violation. Nobody got arrested but they could have been.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:43 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Is that an opinion or fact?

~Joe
Sounds like the script to "good fellas".....

Criminal activities
The Mongols members have had long-running confrontations with law enforcement in such areas as drug dealing (especially methamphetamine), money laundering, robbery, extortion, firearms violations, murder and assault, among other crimes.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols_(motorcycle_club)

Old 06-04-2011, 05:36 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

It amazes me that anyone would have blind faith that all information obtained on 'Wikipedia" is verified and factual.

And using Wikipedia as a source for obtained information does nothing to verify the accuracy of said information.

Wikipedia is no different than Yahoo! Answers. Anyone can edit it and provide opinion and misinformation rather than fact.

You get some good information and some bad information from just about all sources, and that inclues both Wikipedia and Yahoo! Answers....

Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

It amazes me that that are those who believe the Mongols are just a group of motorcycle enthusiasts heading to their local ice cream social.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I don't know what the US figures are but in Canada 25% of the roughly 400 full patch Hells Angels members are currently incarcerated. Several chapter presidents and higher ups are serving life sentences. I suspect the 25% figure is about average for all 1% clubs in this country.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 AM
foxtrot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kanelakos
It amazes me that that are those who believe the Mongols are just a group of motorcycle enthusiasts heading to their local ice cream social.

+1
I hear ya, It has become very obvious some posters are stuck on Stupid ! Cheap entertainment here.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

It all comes back to one question:

When they were stopped, did all of what occur happen due to one oustanding warrant, or a bunch of "percieved" stuff?

I hold to the belief, that one is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Looking like a bad guy, or "you must be bad, because Gangland says so" doesn't cut muster with me.

When you judge others, you will be judged to those same standards at a later date...count on it.

Having been around 1%'ers, I can tell you, there is no problem unless YOU start it. The club is their family. If you say something about a guys wife, and get decked, you had it coming.....so if you say something about a guys "family", you have it coming.

So, act like a a MAN, and you will be treated as such. Act like a b1tch, and you will get worn out.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 06-05-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

"...in Canada 25% of the roughly 400 full patch Hells Angels members are currently incarcerated. Several chapter presidents and higher ups are serving life sentences."

Well, since we're told they're all Doctors and Lawyers, I guess that should be expected, shouldn't it?

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
It all comes back to one question:

When they were stopped, did all of what occur happen due to one oustanding warrant, or a bunch of "percieved" stuff?

I hold to the belief, that one is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Looking like a bad guy, or "you must be bad, because Gangland says so" doesn't cut muster with me.

When you judge others, you will be judged to those same standards at a later date...count on it.

Having been around 1%'ers, I can tell you, there is no problem unless YOU start it. The club is their family. If you say something about a guys wife, and get decked, you had it coming.....so if you say something about a guys "family", you have it coming.

So, act like a a MAN, and you will be treated as such. Act like a b1tch, and you will get worn out.

~Joe
Agree.
Its a bigot's mentality with very narrow views based on little if any personal experience. A lot of Archie Bunker types on this forum, and in real life. These are the same bigots that think all single males in San Francisco must be gay, all Muslims are terrorists, all 1%ers are criminals. These are "flat earthers" who will never venture beyond what they are told to believe. They are dangerous men who choose to believe a book, or movie, or website, or police report, or TV program as 100% accurate. If a story about 1%ers contains 60% fact and 40% fiction they accept the entire account as truth and formulate this bigoted view.
What makes them dangerous is these people can and will serve on juries. Innocent until proven guilty are empty words to Archie Bunker.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Like it or not, you are known by the company you keep. It's been that way forever, and it's not gonna change. It's like peas and carrots! P.S. I love watching ol' Archie, his absurdity is hilarious.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.