General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 PM
tjae
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridasoftailman
So 20 MC members ride with patches, minding their own business, and wanting to be left alone. What is wrong with this picture? Why would LEOs stop an ordinary 20 man pack of Mongols?

Its tough to say, not knowing all the details. Maybe they were speeding. Idaho LEOs generally leave people alone, at least as far as I have noticed. However, this particular 1% club carries a reputation with it. My guess is they wouldn't have been pulled over if they had Wild Hogs Patches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols_(motorcycle_club)

Old 05-28-2011, 04:12 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Yep, handcuff people before you search them sounds like routine to me. How afraid are those LEOs?
Actually, that is very routine and, in many departments, would be required by regulation. Law enforcement isn't supposed to be a challenge where you go out and see how many Mongols it takes to beat up a cop - the police do that stuff many times a day and you can't fight everybody. While I have fought bigger people or more people alone several times, when I was a cop, (and always won) you don't last long that way, so handcuffing them while you do admin. checks is preferred. Even when I was outnumbered, I still got sued (and harassed by the FBI) for winning the fight.

Last edited by brenn; 05-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:45 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, if the state's law requires it, then there's nothing to say about it.
And yes, it's one of the disadvantages when you're a 1%er. They don't really look surprised either, if you ask me.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:22 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is not a motorcycle club...it is a gang. the police are trying to keep things safe for the majority of the public that pay their salaries. they are acting on orders from management...keep a tight rein on 1% 'ers. doubt if anybody other than a few of you bikers felt they were being picked on. this is what the general public wants from it's LEOs.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 PM
jarhead59
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a member of the general public I certainly want all police agencies to throw the constitution in the ditch to keep me safe. That way maybe someday they can kick my door in for no particular reason. Really lookin foward to that.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:08 PM
CopperHD
Advanced

Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The problem is that people are becoming more apathetic every day and they see this as normal and acceptable behavior, IT IS NOT. Each year we give up more and more freedoms for the sake of "security". Look at it like the frog in a pot of water analogy, you very slowly and gradually turn up the heat and the frog does not notice and eventually its boiling and he's dead, this is the same thing that has been happening in the USA for years, they are slowly taking away more and more rights until eventually we realize that we have no rights whatsoever and by then its too late. Who cares what club they belong to to me this looks like the law going fishing and hoping to catch something while at the same time suspending the rights of the people.

Ok now i'll get off my soapbox and end the rant.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

They were heading to a camping trip for the weekend. Look at the loading. LEO was notified to begin all measures to let them know camping in ID was not a good idea.
What? No DUIs? No Drugs? No weapons violations? One outstanding warrant. Speeding tickets?... maybe. If they clocked the lead bike at 58 in a 55 did all 20 get a speeding ticket for 3 over?????

Questions for LE. Are there documented instances of cop killings along interstate roads by a pack of MC patch holders? Are there documented instances of cops getting jumped along interstate roads by a pack of MC patch holders? Why are cops still educated that clubbers are out to kill cops? Do you really believe your life is in danger if you pull over a pack of patch holders?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
this is not a motorcycle club...it is a gang. the police are trying to keep things safe for the majority of the public that pay their salaries. they are acting on orders from management...keep a tight rein on 1% 'ers. doubt if anybody other than a few of you bikers felt they were being picked on. this is what the general public wants from it's LEOs.

Is there some law that distinguishes between "club" and "gang"? Or is there a book we can read, a movie we can watch, a TV show? Is it clearly defined by law? or are we talking generalities, subjectivity, situational, profiles, and isolated history in "other countries"? Basically how is it you are the expert?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 PM
CopperHD
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Is there some law that distinguishes between "club" and "gang"? Or is there a book we can read, a movie we can watch, a TV show? Is it clearly defined by law? or are we talking generalities, subjectivity, situational, profiles, and isolated history in "other countries"? Basically how is it you are the expert?

I believe it's because he has seen and owns every episode of Sons of Anarchy along with Gangland.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.