General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
...we...give up liberty and freedom of movement. The government wants to regulate everything and we just sit here and let them.
Who said it? A government big enough to give you what you want is big enough to take all you have.
Many of us feel that way. As far as "let them", each of us feels powerless to change that, alone.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Many of us feel that way. As far as "let them", each of us feels powerless to change that, alone.
Join a motorcycle rights organization (MRO). Better still the USDefenders as a independent or as a club.
Or continue to feel hopeless.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotech
So what about those that wear baggy pants? Okay to profile them too. (Gang members wear this stuff...)

Raiders Jerseys...profile them. (Again...gang members)

Turbins...profile them. (terrorists)

Lots of jewlery...profile them. (gangs and pushers)

Mecedes...them too... (drug dealers)

Big house...profile them. (more drug dealers)

High Heals...profile them. (prostitutes)

Clergy...profile them. (child molesters)

I could go on but ALL of those things are CHOICES people make about what they choose to do and/or wear. I'm not saying 1% clubs are all about "riding" and "having a little fun" but at the same time the law needs to apply to EVERYONE EQUALLY. Coming up with an excuse to profile ANY GROUP is wrong. Period. Defend it all you want and call us hypocrits but the constitution says "All men are created equal" and then the law starts making a different set of rules for certain people based on skin or what they wear then IT becomes the one who is hypocritical.
While I don't necessarily agree with all of your examples, I want to ask if you think police officers should just ignore all of the "signs" that tell us that something might warrant further investigation? Most of us are smart enough to recognize an apple in a bag full of oranges. What you call profiling, in many cases, I call common sense.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

so...why not settle the issue in a court of law?

Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Forrest was a dealer? Damn, they said he made his millions in a fruit company.
mowing

Old 06-02-2011, 08:46 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Five pages and still chattering about this subject.....the group were SPEEDING in a construction zone!! Apparently they can't read, it's 55 mph thru there!

It's over and done with...move on

Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Five pages and still chattering about this subject.....the group were SPEEDING in a construction zone!! Apparently they can't read, it's 55 mph thru there!

It's over and done with...move on
Does the topic make you uncomformtable? Why move on? Is not debate still a viable form of communacation? If you dont care for the subject, move on and dont read it.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you are in a group of speeding bikers when a cop pulls up behind your group and flips on the lights. Does just one pull over? Nope, you pull over as a group.
Why would I stop if the person who was speeding stops? I presume the guy that pulled over was the one the cop was after and continue on my way unless the officer actually singles me out to stop. I have had this happen when in a car and never seen the whole group of cars pull over when a cop stops one of the group.

Michael

Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bp_shooter123
Why would I stop if the person who was speeding stops? I presume the guy that pulled over was the one the cop was after and continue on my way unless the officer actually singles me out to stop. I have had this happen when in a car and never seen the whole group of cars pull over when a cop stops one of the group.

Michael
Were you riding with a car club?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 AM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Were you riding with a car club?
Makes no difference. If you want me to stop you should make it clear you are stopping me and not some person in another vehicle going the same direction as I might be traveling.

I have seen cases where the police pull along side a group of vehicles and point for them to pull over. That would be different. Otherwise I would presume the first person to pull over was the one he wanted. I have no reason to ask him if he wants me to pull over too.

Michael

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.