General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
WSP Trooper Piggot was one of the main reasons this law flew. He's still up to his old tricks. He pulled over one of my Brothers last month and profiled him. Even to the point of taking a picture of his license plate. Now can anyone explain to me why Pig needs his own private picture of a license plate? Until that piece of **** is removed from the streets, he'll continue to cost the taxpayers money in lawsuits.
Have your brother contact the CoC they have forms for him to fill out about that stop

Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what is this "1% is a life style and at times an attitude if ya will.
1% has its own code of conduct, protocol." Please elaborate for some of us ignorant to the 1% lifestyle? I'm curious what attitude these law abiding, honest working, citizens possess that the other 99% don't.

So far I keep seeing comments about how wrong everyone is about 1%ers, yet no one can explain any more about them. Saying pulling them over for speeding warrants search is far from the truth....well, what's the truth?

Don't come defending these turds without 1 fact in their favor. It's all garbage and this stop was warranted IMO. As for the LEOs, good on em'.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My view on all this is quite simple:

1% ers do what they do and LEOs do what they do. Neither one can exist without the other and neither one is complaining here. Only Joe Citizen is bitching. Both groups expect things like this to happen from time to time ...
Don't want to be treated by LEOs like whatever perception of "gangster biker" is ? don't dress or act as one.
I've carried long before my CC permit on the Beemer without ever being hassled. Even when pulled over for serious speeding, the cops were curious about the bike and gear instead of what I was hiding. They treat you much differently if you wear FF helmet and touring gear.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm seeing this picture...

This picture...

The picture the other guy posted and the video and ask myself 3 questions. First, why would the news service have to blot out faces? Doesn't make sense.

Second, there are officers there that are obviously not in uniform other than a bullet proof vest with "POLICE" on the back.

Third, why would the camera crew show up for this and how did they get there so 'soon'?

For the first question, in one photo it looks like a biker may have his face blotted out but that could also be one of the officers with just a vest on too. In the second picture above it looks like another biker is walking across the field with his face blurred out. Why are these folks getting their faces blurred out but yet all the rest of the bikers aren't getting this treatment?

Next, the officer in the first picture above in jeans, a t-shirt, and a vest with his face blurred. Since when do officer's off duty show up for a routine stop? Seems to me as though he would be part of a special unit...possibly a gang unit or undercover unit...which would also explain his blocked out face.

Third, the camera crew. It takes a good sized story and some time to roll out a camera crew to a scene like that one.

This has all the red flags of this being a planned stop, not a routine stop. This doesn't mean they weren't pulled over illegally...it's surprisingly easy to find a reason to pull someone over...but I don't believe this was "routine" as the story makes it to believe. The officers knew they were coming, they prepared for it, waited for the group to do something wrong, had marked unit(s) innitiate the stop, then rolled in the special units.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironhand
Have your brother contact the CoC they have forms for him to fill out about that stop
We were on it the next day.
Lawyer was real excited when he heard it was Pigott again.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
We were on it the next day.
Lawyer was real excited when he heard it was Pigott again.
that is good to hear...let's hope he doesn't cost the state more money again

Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAMVET
"Pulled over for speeding. This gives probable cause for search in any state as far as I know."

This couldn't be farther from the truth.

The fourth amendment guarantees your right to deny this type of search, given the officer does not have probable cause.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I'm generally on the LEO side in these arguments, but speeding does NOT equal probable cause for searching any vehicle.

However, if the bike is being impounded, its legal to do an inventory search. It's also legal to do a search incident to an arrest, which means any area that the driver could reach as he sat at the controls (i.e., glovebox, under the seat, but NOT in the trunk). On a bike, this could mean the saddlebags.

Also likely is that the cops asked for consent to search and it was granted. They also can also detain motorists for a reasonable length of time (minutes, not hours) to wait for a K9 to do a "sniff" of the vehicle. Sometimes people go ahead & give consent if they know they aren't carrying anything illegal and just want to get it over quickly and be on their way.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by kanelakos
You sure do like to defend a gang of criminals. Their history speaks for itself.
I dont see or hear of cops pulling over the Patriot Riders! Gee.... I wonder if the lack of their members having a rap sheet has anything to do with them being left alone.
Which one is the criminal? 1 of 20 had a warrant yet you label them all criminal. One in 20 makes them all such? Thats an Archie Bunker bigot mentality. Around my region the cops last year killed more people and assaulted more citizens than all the 1 % ers have in their total 45 yr existence.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:49 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
Which one is the criminal? 1 of 20 had a warrant yet you label them all criminal. One in 20 makes them all such? Thats an Archie Bunker bigot mentality. Around my region the cops last year killed more people and assaulted more citizens than all the 1 % ers have in their total 45 yr existence.
iv not met one 1% that does not deal in Illegal activity. its what they do.!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos

Now I understand why 1%ers don't allow cops or child molesters in the club. It gives them a bad reputation. (<< sarcasm)

"The full requirements to become a XXXXX XXXXXX are the following: candidates must be white, have a valid driver's license, have a working Harley Davidson motorcycle and cannot be a child molester or have applied to become a police officer or prison guard.[9]"

Of course, it says nothing about being a rapist, drug dealer, or attorney.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 05-31-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.