General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now I'm just confused. What is a 1%er? So if they all work honest jobs and obey the laws then they're just like every other club and no longer 1%. So they are law abiding motorcycle enthusiasts. What makes them 1%?

Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Floridasoftailman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garand
Now I'm just confused. What is a 1%er? So if they all work honest jobs and obey the laws then they're just like every other club and no longer 1%. So they are law abiding motorcycle enthusiasts. What makes them 1%?
If you have to ask.............

Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

1% is a life style and at times an attitude if ya will.
1% has its own code of conduct, protocal, rules etc.
Not all 1% clubs are involved in illegal commerce....

And don't believe everything ya see on TV, if ya do, beam me up Scotty.

I probaly go to about 48 runs a year, in the last couple of years, I saw one argument, it was quickly shut down....

I see more fights at the local, ball games....between irate parents.

Look at the beatings because you wore the wrong team shirt....

No thanks, I'll hang around with the 1% and other Patch Holders, I feel safer.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I forgot to mention something that I thought was funny no one else brought it up....
It was stated that the right lane of the Hwy was blocked off, do to the no. of bikes and leo mobiles....
The LEO's created a safty hazard on the Hwy....not to mention the looky loos who slowed down to gawk....

So which one was the greater hazard to the population....

Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
I forgot to mention something that I thought was funny no one else brought it up....
It was stated that the right lane of the Hwy was blocked off, do to the no. of bikes and leo mobiles....
The LEO's created a safty hazard on the Hwy....not to mention the looky loos who slowed down to gawk....

So which one was the greater hazard to the population....
Good point. To add to that, "running radar" on the highway...to me is just state/city attempting to make revenue for such (state or city). But I digress...back to the topic.

Look at this photo:

It appears to me none of those guys are HANDCUFFED or for the record, really give a chit about the incident....unlike most "hardcore" bikers here on this forum.... defending the Rights of all, insuring this Country doesn't become a "police state." Speaking of Police...notice the POLICE...one is laughing, one is leaning on the cop car, one is on the radio....and a few are looking at the pavement. They (the Police) really look scared. Dollars to doughnuts, a rookie or inexperienced officer, who most likely watched gangland or sons of anarchy......pulled them over. Called for back-up, and the experienced officers that arrived are just like the bikers...."WTF I don't need this chit right now. I have better things to do." This by the way, is my opinion, based on the photo. I feel I too can speculate about the incident as good as any of you here.....

Now for all you avid HDForum reader/poster of all things gang or "1%'er"..........Wikipedia is not an official point of reference, nor is Gangland. As far as getting educated about MC's by watching a television show; Sons of Anarchy. Well, all I can say is good luck.

So let me help some of you here, use the internet....the following link;
http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html
is advice/information about all things motorcycle club related. Be it one percent, three piece, two piece, one piece...no peace (couldn't help myself), AMA, Ministry, Military......etc.

Why was that even news worthy in the first place? WTF kind of town was that that this became news? Camera crews on the side of the highway? Thinking about this....I am now disappointed that the news chopper was not used to show the dramatic scene from above.

Last edited by "Dutch"; 05-30-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM
mrjimbo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is kind of funny that they had KTVB out there......they had to have had time to set this stop up. The "Gang" coming out of Oregon probably was blowing thru the 30 miles of Construction zone the Treasure Valley has going on at the moment.
They got jacked. Brother Speed gets jacked too on occasion, but this is not SOP.........

Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Just found this trying to learn more an here In Indiana we rarely see and MC gangs riding.

found it on this site
http://listverse.com/2009/08/18/top-...n-biker-gangs/

The Mongols, also known as Mongol Nation or Mongol Brotherhood, were formed in 1969 in Montebello, California from Hispanic bikers who were refused entry into The Hell’s Angels MC due to their race. Their colors are black and white and their insignia bears the name Mongols in large black letters above a pony-tail sporting man riding a motorcycle wearing a leather vest and sunglasses while carrying a scimitar or cutlass. Mongol chapters are concentrated in the western United States, but have also opened in Canada, Mexico and Italy.
In 2008, the ATF coordinated a sting against The Mongols MC where 4 agents went undercover to become fully patched members while gaining intelligence about the gang’s activities. This operation resulted in 38 arrests including the arrest of the club’s president, Ruben “Doc” Cavazos. As part of the operation 160 search warrants were served and 110 arrest warrants were carried out. As part of the operation, members of The Mongols MC are now prohibited by law from the use of the Mongol MC logo and insignia including wearing the patches on vests or any other garb.

If this is still on the books it Seems to me that just wearing their patches reason enough to pull them over.

Another link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols_(motorcycle_club)
The Mongols members have had long-running confrontations with law enforcement in such areas as drug dealing (especially methamphetamine), money laundering, robbery, extortion, firearms violations, murder and assault, among other crimes.[1

What I don't understand is why any decent law abiding person or members in here would be pissed at the LEO's for doing anything to anyone involved in a MC gang with the history they have .

Last edited by oct1949; 05-30-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gangland, SOA and the like are as real of the real world as "The Shield" was as real to the world.....altho.....LOL

Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Just found this trying to learn more an here In Indiana we rarely see and MC gangs riding.

found it on this site
http://listverse.com/2009/08/18/top-...n-biker-gangs/

The Mongols, also known as Mongol Nation or Mongol Brotherhood, were formed in 1969 in Montebello, California from Hispanic bikers who were refused entry into The Hell’s Angels MC due to their race. Their colors are black and white and their insignia bears the name Mongols in large black letters above a pony-tail sporting man riding a motorcycle wearing a leather vest and sunglasses while carrying a scimitar or cutlass. Mongol chapters are concentrated in the western United States, but have also opened in Canada, Mexico and Italy.
In 2008, the ATF coordinated a sting against The Mongols MC where 4 agents went undercover to become fully patched members while gaining intelligence about the gang’s activities. This operation resulted in 38 arrests including the arrest of the club’s president, Ruben “Doc” Cavazos. As part of the operation 160 search warrants were served and 110 arrest warrants were carried out. As part of the operation, members of The Mongols MC are now prohibited by law from the use of the Mongol MC logo and insignia including wearing the patches on vests or any other garb.

If this is still on the books it Seems to me that just wearing their patches reason enough to pull them over.

Another link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols_(motorcycle_club)
The Mongols members have had long-running confrontations with law enforcement in such areas as drug dealing (especially methamphetamine), money laundering, robbery, extortion, firearms violations, murder and assault, among other crimes.[1

What I don't understand is why any decent law abiding person or members in here would be pissed at the LEO's for doing anything to anyone involved in a MC gang with the history they have .
might want to do a bit more research.... the ban on thier cuts and colors was overturned in a court of law

Old 05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan conner
this is not a motorcycle club...it is a gang. the police are trying to keep things safe for the majority of the public that pay their salaries. they are acting on orders from management...keep a tight rein on 1% 'ers. doubt if anybody other than a few of you bikers felt they were being picked on. this is what the general public wants from it's LEOs.
Agreed, in most cases this is what the public wants. In my area the general public wants the police to stop and ticket everyone from out of town as we need the revenue.
They also want the police to stop anyone with a skin pigment darker than their own.

Trouble with this thinking is that the police supposed to follow the law. They swear an oath to follow the Constitution. If the wishes of the general public are in conflict with the Constitution the police must side with the Law and the Constitution.

Michael

Quick Reply: I'm guessing this had a lot to do with the patch.