Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting E-Z Pass to a Motorcycle....

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:38 AM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting E-Z Pass to a Motorcycle....

Ordered an E-Z Pass device for the bike, not knowing exactly what type of device they would send me for a motorcycle I requested an "Exterior" unit.
I then learned that they send bikes the same units as those for cars & trucks....
They sell mounting brackets that clamp onto your handle bars for the inside windshield devices, but I got one of those black bar units that bolt to your license plate....
So my solution.......

Some 3/4" aluminum bar stock, a little make shift engineering, and satin black Krylon, along with some chrome nuts and bolts did the job....

I also relocated my Capt. Itch cup holder from the handle bars to the windshield while I was at it......

Old 05-28-2011, 09:47 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine is in a small handlebar bag works great. Got the bag for like 10 from motorcycle super store but I think any handlebar bag will work great.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:53 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 147 Likes on 100 Posts

With the bridges that you cross, E-Z pass is a good item to have. Saves time, no digging for change.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:04 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

My son just got a ticket in the mail for taking the comutor lane (which was a FastTrak Lane) on his bike.
His option was to pay a $27 fee or buy the FastTrak sensor which would delete the fine.
He bought the FastTrak equipment which looks like yours and theres also another small white box.He still needs to mount the stuff.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:13 AM
rmarino14
Tourer

Mine is in a freezer bag sitting in my fork bag.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one transponder that I swap between my car and my bike (both vehicles registered for the EZ Pass). I have gone through on the bike without the transponder and once they run my plate they see that the bike is registered with them and they just deduct the amount from my account.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

Originally Posted by ord sgt
With the bridges that you cross, E-Z pass is a good item to have. Saves time, no digging for change.
Between the Garden State Parkway, and the Atlantic City Expressway it's a big time saver.....

I have one transponder that I swap between my car and my bike (both vehicles registered for the EZ Pass). I have gone through on the bike without the transponder and once they run my plate they see that the bike is registered with them and they just deduct the amount from my account.
I would have done that but our main account already has 4 vehicles and 4 transponders on it, and E-Z Pass only allows 4 per account, so I had to generate a separate account just for the bike.....

Old 05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't have those E-Z pass thingys here in Ohio. First time to Texas a few years back on business went through one in a rental car not knowing what was going on. Asked later and people explained to me. Paid up at the rental car place. Now I know to pull over for them and not take the fast lane. Thought I had saved my toll. Nope!

Old 05-28-2011, 01:03 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeInMa
I have one that I just move between bike and my car.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:44 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I put mine low on inside of windshield ,just stick the velcro tape to windshield .I take off when not on toll rds. Unit is same as car one. They do work great do not have to stop at those oiley toll booths.

Quick Reply: Mounting E-Z Pass to a Motorcycle....