General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding two-up should be fun, right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leicafish
Relative to the seat the stock seat was very good to begin with, the revised seat that is stock on the 2011 is even better. Did you really need to change? Can you flat foot or close it. The 2011 seat will help, if you need reach more get a pair of logger boots, change shocks the very last(major comfort issue)

I went with the Mustang Lowdown seat because I was stretching it with my 29" inseam. The boots I'm wearing have a nice thick heal so now I'm flat on the ground instead of doing the tip toe thing. I have thought about the lower shocks but expensive.
Is this your first bike, or first touring bike with your wife? For example my wife knows when I need her to get off and push the bike back. It is no big deal.

Not the first bike, my third. It is the first touring bike. The other two are cruisers; she actually likes riding on the cruisers style bike. She did get off so I could push the bike, we have actually practiced the mount/dismount thing several times, again the grade of the road and bike weight was too much to push it back.
For now I would not trade your bike at this point, only the dealer makes out.

Agree, I like the bike and really don’t need to get ripped off.

Last edited by MADHOG; 05-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:57 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
I guess that means you didn't go on the chairity poker run yesterday nor the BBQ afterwards with the live band. Did you ride up to Mount Charleston or farther? Poker run was slightly over 100 miles though not to Mount Charleston this time around.
I wish more rides and events were planned during the week. I missed this one also (and almost every other local events) because I generally work weekends.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by TNB
I guess that means you didn't go on the chairity poker run yesterday nor the BBQ afterwards with the live band. Did you ride up to Mount Charleston or farther? Poker run was slightly over 100 miles though not to Mount Charleston this time around.
We went to Indian Springs and then on the way back went up to the top of Mount Charleston and then back down into Vegas. It was about a 120 mile run.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

Get the quick detach trunk brackets and a smaller quick detach backrest. Unless you're going overnight, put the small backrest on for her, or nothing if you're going by yourself. Won't make much real difference, but look less intimidating to her.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gf likes to ride ,she knows if she did'nt she would never see me,she also complains about the wind,maybe its worse in back?i have her wear a head band over her ears.that seems to work.im sure after more road time and warmer weather ,she will enjoy it more.i hear ya about riding solo.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
RKDavid
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

What's a "gated community"?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RKDavid
It's where the homeowners are locked up at night and the criminals are running around free...

Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by RKDavid
It's just a gated entrance into our community.

It makes the criminals wait behind someone to get in or they can jump the fence if on foot. It's sort of a false sence of security. Oh, it also keeps us from having yard sales and the ice cream truck can't get in.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,299 Likes on 3,172 Posts

"Yes, when I get the look I back off."

Smart move, if you had a lighter bike the wind would have hit you harder. If you must ride 2-up, get a seat that makes her happy. It'll keep you happy.
I ride alone. So that's just my opinion.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by Kowan
It's where the homeowners are locked up at night and the criminals are running around free...

Quick Reply: Riding two-up should be fun, right?