General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What trailer to haul your bike(s) on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
Just don't put a picture of yourself on the back of it ridding your bike.

I would get a Baxley Trailerhttp://www.baxleycompanies.com/

There's more wrong in that picture than I could begin to explain to most in here , " Biker " sure has changed since I got into it .

Brenn your right there's times a trailer is the only reasonable way to make it for what ever reason . Back in the day a trailer was a plank ramp into the back of the pickup with the tent & gear not these mobile homes out now .

Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P.O.M.R = Pussification Of Motorcycle Riders

Old 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
ken b
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
P.O.M.R = Pussification Of Motorcycle Riders
Like I said in a follow up post "degenerative spine deasease" If that makes me a puss then so be it. 2 wars, 25 years of service and now I want to take it easy a little. Yea, I am a *****.

Thanks to all the ADULTS that answered the question without judging.

Last edited by ken b; 05-22-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There ya go. Can't argue w/that. Enjoy your bike.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the Kendon trailers. My buddy has a dual rail Kendon trailer and he has no complaints. He has a 5th wheel camper, and he put a hitch on the back of it so he can pull the kendon trailer behind the camper with his bike on it.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:27 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Why would I trailer my bike when its so much fun to ride cross country. I have ridden from dark to dark to get to my destination. Did this many times just to spend two days in a great riding area then head home after midnight to get home that evening. Yes I have enjoyed the ride and it makes a great part of the trip. Then I had back surgery several years ago. So now I have to trailer for the day to get to my favorite dest. Or maybe I should sell my bike and quit riding because someone who puts 1000 mile a year has an opinion of why I shouldn't trailer my bike. Everyone does it for a different reason and its there own reason not yours. I don't judge you beacuse you are scared to ride in the thunder storm, or because you have never been farther than 100 miles from your house. But we are all bikers and individuals who will do individual things to keep us individually happy. We are all here because we enjoy one thing, we all like riding.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:34 PM
mechmatt
Tourer

Originally Posted by ken b
Like I said in a follow up post "degenerative spine deasease" If that makes me a puss then so be it. 2 wars, 25 years of service and now I want to take it easy a little. Yea, I am a *****.

Thanks to all the ADULTS that answered the question without judging.

Thanks

Old 05-22-2011, 09:40 PM
mechmatt
Tourer
Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 PM
B-Sweet
Cruiser
Smile

We have 2 trailers. My husband has a really hard time getting time off from work so ridding 2-3 days to get to our event would just eat up his time off, plus we still have 2 kids at home and they go with us about 80% of the time & a hyper active boxer.

Both of our trailers are bumper pull so I can pull with my large SUV or hubbys truck.
The first trailer is just a dove tail car hauler that he put removable wheel holder things on. We have used it many time no problems and when we get home he takes off the wheel thing and has his car hauler back to drag home more projects.

The other trailer we just got about 2 months ago and we will take it on our first outing this weekend.

It is a toy hauler by Thor it is the Harley edition picked it up used.
It has a very nice bath room small kitchen area (with teenaged boys you have to cook) and will sleep max of 6,
2 queen beds (that go up in the roof) and 2 twins that fold up against the wall.

It is a tight fit but it will haul 3 bikes, we fit 1 Ultral limited, 1 Police model, and my Fatboy.

We are taking it out this weekend and I hope it is as much fun as I think it will be.

I guess you can tell from this never ending post that I am excited to give it a try.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:36 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Kendon has a nice two bike trailer that is well built and reasonable price that folds up. It can store at the back of the garage with little space.

Quick Reply: What trailer to haul your bike(s) on?