General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mountainfest 2011 "beware"

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mountainfest 2011 "beware"

Mountainfest 2011 in coming up here in Morgantown WV for the last weekend of july. There will be bands such as Montgomery Gentry, Ted Nugent, Grand Funk Railroad, Molley Hatchet and of course The local Davisson Brothers band. Lots of attractions to attract biker and we can not forget the Coal Bucket Saloon. But there is another thing going on here also, it seems like Morgantown is jumping on the bandwagon with Motorcycle only checkpoints!
This is just rumer that I heard today, however it was also stated there have been 2 just off the interstate already. There is a large sign when coming into WV from Pa. about wearing a dot helmet on the billboard.
If you come, make sure you wear a dot helmet, have your mc endorsement and the bike is legal.
Here is the web sight address http://www.wvmountainfest.com/index.php
Tripple S is the main sponsor, I say we flood their email box and Tripple S's email also. Let them know we will boycott and not buy anything from Morgantown or Tripple S as along as this is going on. I know Tripple S is not doing this but they can back us up or lose our buisness. They have the pull in morgantown!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about we play this game.... If they want to check point only motorcycles, we show up in cages.....

Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont really have a problem . i have a license and a dot helmet .

Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
Mountainfest 2011 in coming up here in Morgantown WV for the last weekend of july. There will be bands such as Montgomery Gentry, Ted Nugent, Grand Funk Railroad, Molley Hatchet
At a motorcycle rally in West Virginia? Cool (all the southern rock cover bands must have been booked). That actually looks like a good rally. I'll probably come out and go through some motorcycle checkpoints.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:57 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CWDoc115
How about we play this game.... If they want to check point only motorcycles, we show up in cages.....
I think if you play the game that way, you have lost.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:58 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CWDoc115

There is a back way into the ralley, tis the way I will be riding. However they will have the routs covered that lead to morgantown or the interstate

Old 05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Cant see why you want to mess with Triple S or the mountainfest people guys. They arent the ones requesting these chechpoints. What am I missing here!!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:48 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... if memory serves me correctly...

What you could do is refuse to NOT put your kick stand down, then when you're hassled, you can sue them and collect $90K.

With that bit of change, NEXT year, you can roll right past their checkpoint in your new RV with your bike strapped to the back, with no worries.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what is it with you clowns? there will be a concentration of bikes in a small area...great chance to generate some revenue. if the law says you have to wear a d.o.t. helmet-wear one. if the law says you need title and insurance-carry it with you. if the law says no straight pipes-don't show up with straight pipes. just because the cops look the other way most of the time...don't **** and moan when they enforce the law.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Redder
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go mountaineers!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Mountainfest 2011 "beware"