Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I won my class!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,968 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by fastalkintn
My bike is in no shape form or fashion a show bike. I just entered for fun and something to do. There where some very nice customs there and several really nice antique bikes. I guess I kind of see your point, but in reality isn't that what most of us do. Buy a stock bike and then spend tons of cash adding aftermarket parts.
Thanks for understanding , most in here get it in a wad quick . I like older iron and I build my own , did a an old shovel that looked like the Stugis model at first glance but was FLH all the way with a lot of trick one of parts the bike turned heads .Carson city Nv during a big run with a dealer sponsored bike show I entered , 4 bikes in the class they put me in . What won ? the 3 new model ( no more that 2 yrs old) bone stockers with bolt on bling . even some of the crowd called foul on that one . Gives a bad taste in the mouth and no respect for the games anymore it's so blatant .

But again congrats on having a good day they are rare enough for anybody .

Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 160 Posts

Its all about doing the right thing. Taking credit for something you didn't do is morally wrong. What you could of, or should of done is to donate the money and whatever award back to the fund-raiser because YOU know you didn't have a thing to do with building that bike. If you had rebuilt it to the point where it truly was your creation with the paint. or hand made parts, seat or exhaust you could be proud of the recognition. But taking credit for someone else's work is plagiarism. Just like if you were trying to pass off someone's else's thesis paper as your own. Having a bad day has nothing to do with writing this. I would be the first to congratulate you if you actually built the bike, and won the in the show. If you want the real feeling of pride and accomplishment, build the bike then win a show with it.,,

Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Its all about doing the right thing. Taking credit for something you didn't do is morally wrong. What you could of, or should of done is to donate the money and whatever award back to the fund-raiser because YOU know you didn't have a thing to do with building that bike. If you had rebuilt it to the point where it truly was your creation with the paint. or hand made parts, seat or exhaust you could be proud of the recognition. But taking credit for someone else's work is plagiarism. Just like if you were trying to pass off someone's else's thesis paper as your own. Having a bad day has nothing to do with writing this. I would be the first to congratulate you if you actually built the bike, and won the in the show. If you want the real feeling of pride and accomplishment, build the bike then win a show with it.,,
I can see right now, you sir are a bigger *** than I am. I also see that with your remarks in you post about the first post being removed that you must either be tired of sticking around here or your meds wore off too soon.

To the OP, Congrats on the bike show, I can assure you around here it has nothing to do with the amount of $$$ spent or the amount of after market bling, I entered my Screamin Eagle Dyna in the local show and out of 4 Dynas I did not even get a "nice bike" reply. Take any victory anyway you can get them, that is unless it is the Victory brand motorcycle....LOL

Old 05-22-2011, 06:54 PM
fastalkintn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First and foremost you do not know me or anything about my bike. You do not know what I have or have not done with my bike. Secondly you have no idea what I did or did not do with the prize money. Nor do you know anything about my morals.

I can tell you this I am through with you and your judgmental ways...Have a nice day.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:55 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,968 Likes on 17,892 Posts

I'll step in on this bit , the guy loves his bike he did some pretty and the Moco crowd who is into that plus the dealer awarded accordingly good for them . It was dealer show what do you expect to happen ?

Apples verse oranges , I understand what your saying but your taking the custom view to the other extreme side of the spectrum . I'm a builder and damn skilled at what I do , started doing this stuff when the parts catalog had 40 pages and it was all handlebars , sissybars a few flat fenders so you made everything else . There's less 1% of the people with bikes out there that have the talent your going on about without all the support CNC machine shops making stuff for them so lighten up a bit on the guy .

Post some pics of your custom stuff to back what your saying it would help .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 05-22-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

congrats. im proud for you
my bike won my hart and
that is about it but i guess
but thats good enough for me

Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM
fastalkintn
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Thanks for understanding , most in here get it in a wad quick . I like older iron and I build my own , did a an old shovel that looked like the Stugis model at first glance but was FLH all the way with a lot of trick one of parts the bike turned heads .Carson city Nv during a big run with a dealer sponsored bike show I entered , 4 bikes in the class they put me in . What won ? the 3 new model ( no more that 2 yrs old) bone stockers with bolt on bling . even some of the crowd called foul on that one . Gives a bad taste in the mouth and no respect for the games anymore it's so blatant .

But again congrats on having a good day they are rare enough for anybody .
I know what you mean, my first harley was a 71 FLH basket case. I built that thing from the ground up and then got snubbed in a show in Gulf Port. I loved that bike but thanks to my ex-wife I no longer have the bike or the shop to build another.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:11 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,272 Likes on 3,164 Posts

So you recouped your 20 and donated the 80, right?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:34 PM
fastalkintn
Tourer

Originally Posted by RANGER73
So you recouped your 20 and donated the 80, right?
Nope, I didn't recoup my 20. Donated back to that cause, nope. I have my charities that I donate to. True charity is done under the cover of night, not by the brilliant sun for all to see.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You have one fine look'in Road King, stock or otherwise. The paint color & wheels set it off IMO. Good for you..

Quick Reply: I won my class!!!