General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson opens Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:09 PM
schumacher
|
Club Member
Default Harley-Davidson opens Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore

"In the United States, Harley is still feeling the effects of lagging consumer confidence, high unemployment and a decline in home values. Yet it had an 11% gain in international sales in the first three months of 2011 and has made progress in reaching new markets, including young adult, female, Hispanic and African-American motorcyclists.
International sales, which accounted for 25% of the company's business four years ago, were 35% in 2010. The company has set a goal of at least 40% by 2014"

http://www.jsonline.com/business/122271979.html

at least they're doing well over there

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:15 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

As long as they keep making them here, I don't care, but I will not buy an imported HD. It's good they are growing overseas. BTW I like the Macho Man avatar, I'm going to miss that guy......

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:18 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup we by borrow their pacific rim money buy hocking our future generations, buy cheap pacific rim made crap at every store imaginable and keep sending our aid and soldiers to every corner of the work, except take care of our people here.

The pacific rim is doing better because we are dumb enough to send them our money. Because we value a sale item instead of our neighbors or sons job.

Do I sound angry, well glad I rode in today to get in a better frame of mind before I get home.

Take care and hope one day there will be a politician that will really give a damn