General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placement of base or inspection stickers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Placement of base or inspection stickers

Over the years I have seen many comments about what to do about base or inspection stickers. I bought one of these yesterday for my base sticker and will be putting it on today. Just an option for anyone asking.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/chrome/m...sticker-plate/

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I put an Inspection Sticker Plate on my bike before I had it inspected for the first time. Here in PA, stealers, at least mine, refused to inspect it w/o having the sticker stuck to the frame. So I took it to a indy and have been going there ever since.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a nice plate! I'm sure the military members will appreciate the tip. I custom made one back when I was in the Corps and just bolted it to my shift lever. Technically it was in the wrong place, but the gate guards knew where to look since I rode almost every day.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:24 AM
SJ58
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a chrome plate at my local HD dealer. Attached it to the front fork with a slightly longer bolt. Some states do not allow this as the plate can easily be removed and placed on another bike. But it is allowed here in VA. I didn't want to put the inspection sticker on the fork.

Attached Thumbnails Placement of base or inspection stickers-img_3724-copy1.jpg  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

thats the same plate i use. been using it for about a year now. the best part is, if you are going on vacation somewhere and know you won't be going onto a military base, its only 2 bolts holding the thing on. about 5 mins and its off.

there are some times i don't want people to know i'm affiliated with the military.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:34 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a heavy chrome plate bolted to the belt guard on both of my bikes. Clearly visible from the left side of the bike. It is sometimes a point of contention depending on who is looking for the inspection sticker.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe you can see my inspection plate in my signature picture. Left side of the bike by the swingarm.

I'm in PA and never had a problem with it like a previous poster did. The dealership I go to sells them and promotes them. I personally don't like the sticker on the fork at all.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by CopperFXSTC08
I believe you can see my inspection plate in my signature picture. Left side of the bike by the swingarm.

I'm in PA and never had a problem with it like a previous poster did. The dealership I go to sells them and promotes them. I personally don't like the sticker on the fork at all.
not to be a smartass, but what sig pic?

Old 05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
thats the same plate i use. been using it for about a year now. the best part is, if you are going on vacation somewhere and know you won't be going onto a military base, its only 2 bolts holding the thing on. about 5 mins and its off.

there are some times i don't want people to know i'm affiliated with the military.
When I was in, the hair cut gave us away. Now days, many guys have military cuts that have never been in.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

We had a mini bike show on base today and I saw a guy that had a plate made of aluminum attached to where his crash bars bolt on under the neck. Pretty good idea. Not an issue for me though. Air Force bases no longer use base stickers. Finally realized what a force protection problem it was...

Quick Reply: Placement of base or inspection stickers