General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18 year old punk hit motorcyclist on purpose for trying to pass him.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Lunch Meat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Punk needs to be taught a lesson.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 AM
smiley7661
6th Gear

My accident 2 weeks ago was not that bad, but just about as stupid.... she admitted to seeing me coming, put on her blinker and turned in front of me.... Her reason?...She had her blinker on..

I think that the new generations are just dumb....

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,066 Likes on 17,935 Posts

There's another thread with guy already a few day's old , you guys are calm compaired .

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...orcyclist.html

Old 05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Thats just plain sick and there still letting him drive..

And he actually told the LEO's he did it on purpose, Dumb action and even Dumber statement. Does Make it a lot easier for the lawyer when He gets sued.

Gonna be interesting to see how it ends up and who pays.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although running a biker off the road is pathetic, I find it quite common vehicles speeding up to not let someone pass. Happened to me Monday on the freeway but I was in my truck. Cruising at 75 I came up to a slower moving vehicle, switched left 1 lane, and then the other car starts accelerating. I don't know why people do it but there's some real morons out there.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 AM
stonewall308
Tourer

Originally Posted by barjbar
Although running a biker off the road is pathetic, I find it quite common vehicles speeding up to not let someone pass. Happened to me Monday on the freeway but I was in my truck. Cruising at 75 I came up to a slower moving vehicle, switched left 1 lane, and then the other car starts accelerating. I don't know why people do it but there's some real morons out there.

I'd say at least 30% of people on the road speed up when they are being passed.

I find that many people are extremely aggressive when they feel protected. This goes for driving in cars, where they feel like they are untouchable in a secure little compartment, and also posting on the internet anonymously.

When you actually escalate it to a face to face confrontation, most people cower like a little child.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM
stonewall308
Tourer

As for this punk, he should get three years minimum.

The fact that the judge won't even revoke his license is an outrage. What if he shot someone, would you still allow him to posses a firearm?

This is becoming a real problem in America. Judges are too isolated from the electorate, they feel like they can do anything, and they start behaving very irrationally and lose sight of the fact that their first and foremost responsibility is to the public.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Some damn dump truck driver pulled this same thing last week on me. Tried to pass him as we accelerated from a stop sign. I could see him clearly in his left mirror.

Stupid thing is, he's driving a commercial vehicle, emblazened with company logo and unit number on the hood and doors. Not hard to figure out what douchebag he was.

I don't understand the logic with this. If someone is passing me, I let them pass and usually slow down just a bit if there is oncoming traffic. I don't want to be any part of a huge collision at speed.

Some people obviously shouldn't be behind the wheel...douchebags....

Old 05-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Tracerbob
Cruiser

If it were me, the kid would need a mortician.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stonewall308
The fact that the judge won't even revoke his license is an outrage. What if he shot someone, would you still allow him to posses a firearm?

This is becoming a real problem in America. Judges are too isolated from the electorate, they feel like they can do anything, and they start behaving very irrationally and lose sight of the fact that their first and foremost responsibility is to the public.
Innocent until proven guilty and no cruel or unusual punishment. While this kid DESERVES a royal beat down for being a dumbazz, our laws state we can't do that. Revoking his license as part of BAIL (not parrole or probation) would be an unusual punishment. When you get a speeding ticket, do they revoke your license until you pay it? When you get a ticket you are being placed "under arrest" but by signing it you are agreeing to appear in court and thus being "released"...but you're still charged with speeding...and can fight that in court OR plead guilty and pay your fine.

Now yes, purposly running someone off the road is far more serious than a simple speeding ticket but the principle is the same...same rules for everyone.

Now, if he is found guilty, put on probation AND the judge doesn't revoke his license at that point, then yea, I'm right on board with what you said...

Quick Reply: 18 year old punk hit motorcyclist on purpose for trying to pass him.