General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your wife let you get a Harley??? LMAO

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Your wife let you get a Harley??? LMAO

To all that say their wife allowed them to get a Harley, REALLY? That's something I would expect to hear from a guy that rides a moped, not a Harley.

Maybe I'm the minority here and that's why I'm posting this thread to find out. I just think that this is the funnest statement I've heard coming from a MAN that rides a harley.

If you find this offensive, I find it funny! Now post up your opinions bad or good.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
blackmetal415
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shitzz my 3 year gf told me that i am stupiddd blah blah and i gave her the boot. now i am going to get my harley

Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

---------------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Piston71
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To each thier own I guess.. but I've found it works to live by the "Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

She also knows that when I want something, I'll make it happen no matter what. Her response 99% of the time is "As long as the bills are paid I don't mind"

Its worked for 17yrs (so far)

Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
cwhite6
Tourer

My wife bought me both of the Harleys I had and is all for the one I am building. I do understand the comment to some extent. When married with kids and bills, adding a toy like a Harley needs to be a shared decision from a financial standpoint. If the guy is the only one riding it and they both work, you gonna buy her a $20k toy like your bike? Expecting her just to roll over cause I am the man danggit and I said I am buying one makes for a unhappy marriage IMO.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

She stays pissed at me anyway, may as well give her a reason.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:25 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had harleys before my wife never had more than one at any givin time, have wife that loves to ride and now i have 4 that my wife let me have and she has paid for all of them. think i'll keep letting her let me have harley's she seems to know best.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwhite6
My wife bought me both of the Harleys I had and is all for the one I am building. I do understand the comment to some extent. When married with kids and bills, adding a toy like a Harley needs to be a shared decision from a financial standpoint. If the guy is the only one riding it and they both work, you gonna buy her a $20k toy like your bike? Expecting her just to roll over cause I am the man danggit and I said I am buying one makes for a unhappy marriage IMO.
+1. But, if she's just a GF...dump her, get the bike.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
wrestleantares
Advanced

I see where you are coming from but some of it may just be semantics - individual interpretation.

I would never buy a new motorcycle or anything else that expensive without coming to an agreement together with my wife. The money is ours, not mine.

That said, I have never asked for permission nor do I need it to get a motorcycle in general. But we do figure out our finances together so when actual time to purchase comes around we figure out what we can afford before I go out and buy.

Last one, about three years ago she was an angel going all over the place and looking at bikes with me. We figured a budget and I got what I wanted within my budget.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

hell, I was getting cold feet about buying my first one (cost/payments/etc), so I called my wife and she shows up to "make me" sign the contract. She was at the parts counter getting the pillion/passenger pegs, and followed me home so I could install them and take her for a ride.

Quick Reply: Your wife let you get a Harley??? LMAO