General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your wife let you get a Harley??? LMAO

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:29 PM
txrdkng
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, in my household i TELL my wife what I am going to buy!!!! Usually she tells me no and then I pout and sulk until I get my way or find something else I want to be told no about.

Seriously, I have been married 34 yrs this year. Would have not made it to our first anniverary if I had the "I'm the man so I will do what I want" attitude. Its all about joint decisions with my wife/buddy/friend/confidant. Keeps us both happy and keeps the sheets warm!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
She wasn't happpy riding back seat on my Sporty so at her request I bought my Road King!

Now she wants a rear seat on an Ultra!

The things we do for love!!
That's a GREAT answer to my pot stiring question! lol

Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the condolences guys. My point is life is tough enough as it is, instead of trying to live it based on Hollywood's point of view of "real men".

There's a huge difference in letting one act as a dictator vs. sharing as it's meant to be.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my softail standard on our anniversary....then asked her how she liked her present

Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Havic08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it count if I bought my wife her first Harley before I got mine? I was on a yamaha 950. About a year later I bought my SG.

However, both decisions were mutual. We learned long ago that large purchases need to be discussed first and finances checked. I can get anything I want, like her. We just need to let each know. I am looking at adding a Spyder

Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
To all that say their wife allowed them to get a Harley, REALLY? That's something I would expect to hear from a guy that rides a moped, not a Harley.

Maybe I'm the minority here and that's why I'm posting this thread to find out. I just think that this is the funnest statement I've heard coming from a MAN that rides a harley.

If you find this offensive, I find it funny! Now post up your opinions bad or good.
How's that working for ya?

teamster

Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

My lady has her responsibilities, and I have mine. The dollars that are left from our respective paychecks are "ours," and we spend them together, especially on non essentials like motorcycles.

That said, she's the one who encouraged me to "buy new," and not another used bike after my restored Venture bit the dust.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get what the OP is saying here, I've had to wait on friends to find out IF they can go on rides and how long can they be gone. I understand working together as a team in a marriage, but some guys are kept on pretty short leashes.

It gets embarrassing listening to them beg on the phone to hang out with the guys.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

I think a lot of guys are afraid to ride one and use the old "my wife won't let me" as an excuse/easy out

Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My homie has a gf that keeps telling him they cant afford it she even thru a **** fit when he spent the money to take the msf course. He put the bike on the back burner because they dont have money to "throw away" like that, but then again they did just buy season passes to disneyland for both of them oh and all her nephews. When he told me how much he paid for all the passes i laughed, i told him you can ride all the rides in dl and it still will never feel as great as riding your harley.

Quick Reply: Your wife let you get a Harley??? LMAO