General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was about to stop for a biker

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Was about to stop for a biker

Well me and the woman were coming home from dinner the other night and I saw a dude on a sportster pulled over. I was driving the jeep so I passed him real slow like to see if he was going to be okay. The bike was still running and he had his cell phone out texting.

Than the old lady asks me what I was doing and I said I was gonna stop to make sure he was alright, but saw he was texting.

Than she says to me "And what were you going to do?". I replied "I dunno give him a ride or something he could have been broken down." Her reply "******, just because he has a motorcycle doesn't mean he's not a psycho killer. And if he was what would you do?"

"Oh well than I guess I'd be dead honey."

So I've read the other threads about the code and people not stopping for other people. Everyone seems to say with cellphones now and days there's little need. But I think there's honestly people who are just afraid of other people.

Personally, I'll take my chances.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

Get over it. Everyone knows no self respectin psycho killer would ride a sportster.

j/k

Old 05-07-2011, 03:45 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the information overload these days has many people not willing to stop. I occasionally pick up hitch-hikers or stop to see if someone needs help. The last two hitchers, smelled like they crawled out of a barrel of Jack Daniels....I guess better to hitch then drive at that point. I have not run into a psycho killer yet though!

Old 05-07-2011, 03:50 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 823 Posts

I wouldn't have put my wife at the possibility of risk by stopping; rather take her home then go back to assist.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,032 Likes on 17,923 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176

Than she says to me "And what were you going to do?". I replied "I dunno give him a ride or something he could have been broken down." Her reply "******, just because he has a motorcycle doesn't mean he's not a psycho killer. And if he was what would you do?"

"Oh well than I guess I'd be dead honey."
Welcome the modern world were everyone is a potential boogy man , see what the news media and popular entertainment has done to the mass general mindset the last 25 years . People like being scared to death all the time and it's great mind control isn't it ? Gives everyone the perfect excuse to be all about themselves guilt free .

Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,782 Likes on 2,767 Posts

was once lost in "the hood" in Connecticut. Guy gave me directions and asked for a lift. II said sure hop in (oh yeah, I'm down)....then he started asking me for money. I looked for the first gas station with lots of people. pulled over and told him to get out. DUMBEST thing I ever did was give him the ride. I am not as nice as I used to be and it sucks.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:57 PM
purevil71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stretchman
Get over it. Everyone knows no self respectin psycho killer would ride a sportster.

j/k

This made me lol.

My wife is the same way when it comes to stopping and offering help to anyone...be it on a bike or not. I think she has watched one too many crime TV shows and now thinks EVERYONE is a psycho killer.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
" Her reply "******, just because he has a motorcycle doesn't mean he's not a psycho killer. And if he was what would you do?"
My reply would have been " Introduce him to you!"

Old 05-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts
Default sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

One week in February, 06 I stopped for a gal who went in the ditch, got soaking wet and was having an Asthma Attack. She would have died, if I didn't stop. That was a good feeling. Later in the week, outside a hospital, a guy asked me for a ride. I thought he was just someone with a dead battery, so I gave him a ride. As soon as he got in my car, I realized he was totally wasted. Long story short, cluster f&*(so more careful who I give rides to.)

Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key is to be a psycho killer. Then you can pick anyone up and at least be on even ground.

Quick Reply: Was about to stop for a biker