General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was about to stop for a biker

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Sad but that does happen , with a friend one day back in the late 70's and we saw a horrific high speed wreck so jumped in to help . Larger black woman was trapped but cut up bad enough she was going to bleed out fast so we did the pressure bandage and tourniquet thing without moving her till help got there . 2 month later got a notice my buddy and I were being sued for practicing medicine without a license , like are you kidding me ? A few grand and some back and forth in court , turns out she was the cause of the wreck and a decent judge tossed the whole thing but damn save her fat *** life and then she want's to sue you ?
Glad we have the good Samaritan law here in Alaska. Even if you hurt someone in the course of trying to save their life, you can't be held liable.

I won't stop with the family in the car. I will stop if folks look like they're in distress. Lots of wrecks here in the winter time. Once picked up a guy in the middle of nowhere in 30 below temps. The last ride he got gave him the impression he was going to the next town. Dropped him off about 70 miles from where he picked him up. Wound up bringing him all the way into Anchorage; about 300 miles.

I was a long way from nowhere on my bike and had a guy go way out of his way to bring me gas. Took him over an hour and was begining to think he had changed his mind and wasn't coming.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 AM
FishStick
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have picked up a few but only while I was armed. Its always been some weirdo but they were all harmless.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 AM
mountain ride
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hdgzr
I wouldn't have put my wife at the possibility of risk by stopping; rather take her home then go back to assist.
agreed...no stopping unless i am alone or if an actual emergency then stop regardless...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stretchman
Get over it. Everyone knows no self respectin psycho killer would ride a sportster.

j/k

Old 05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
broken.skull
Novice

Originally Posted by Stretchman
Get over it. Everyone knows no self respectin psycho killer would ride a sportster.
Thats what we like for you to believe.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Being that I am not smart enough to be afraid I always help when I can. I dont know why but fearing a man just seems silly to me. Yes I have met all kinds of misfits.

If you allow the small percentage of bad to create an environment of fear to help your fellow man then shame shame. I do suggest staying prepared for the rare situation you may meet a killer but its not likely you will.