General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was about to stop for a biker

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:01 PM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stretchman
Get over it. Everyone knows no self respectin psycho killer would ride a sportster.j/k
Yeah man! Where would he hide the body!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Fuzzman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^Ya, what he said!!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine got a flat on a V-Strom in the White Mountains - late Sunday afternoon.

A pickup truck turned around to see if he was OK. The guy and his wife wound up going home, getting their bike trailer, and giving the guy a lift home - an hour drive. And wouldn't take a penny. And didn't know him from Adam.

He was from CMA. My buddy will do anything for those guys now - except go to church!

I've stopped for every motorcyclist I've seen on the side of the road since 1980 - don't care about brand. As I learned in the Army, what goes around comes around.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Garandman

What does this mean?
The United States Army
Killing you in your sleep, on Christmas

Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by hddan502
I occasionally pick up hitch-hikers or stop to see if someone needs help. The last two hitchers, smelled like they crawled out of a barrel of Jack Daniels....I guess better to hitch then drive at that point. I have not run into a psycho killer yet though!
Did they ride bitch?

Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
CrabbyPaddy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Welcome the modern world were everyone is a potential boogy man , see what the news media and popular entertainment has done to the mass general mindset the last 25 years . People like being scared to death all the time and it's great mind control isn't it ? Gives everyone the perfect excuse to be all about themselves guilt free .
I AM the the boogy man!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
Well me and the woman were coming home from dinner the other night and I saw a dude on a sportster pulled over. I was driving the jeep so I passed him real slow like to see if he was going to be okay. The bike was still running and he had his cell phone out texting.

Than the old lady asks me what I was doing and I said I was gonna stop to make sure he was alright, but saw he was texting.

Than she says to me "And what were you going to do?". I replied "I dunno give him a ride or something he could have been broken down." Her reply "******, just because he has a motorcycle doesn't mean he's not a psycho killer. And if he was what would you do?"

"Oh well than I guess I'd be dead honey."

So I've read the other threads about the code and people not stopping for other people. Everyone seems to say with cellphones now and days there's little need. But I think there's honestly people who are just afraid of other people.

Personally, I'll take my chances.
Too many times I've pulled over only to discover they were texting a buddy, girlfriend, mother, parole officer, you name it. This is why I pretty much quit stopping, unless it's obvious they're in distress.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firebrick
the key is to be a psycho killer. Then you can pick anyone up and at least be on even ground.
lol!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RT750
Garandman

What does this mean?
The United States Army
Killing you in your sleep, on Christmas
It refers to the Battle of Trenton, the first victory of the Continentals against British forces and their Hessian mercenaries.

A little historical license, since the battle actually took place on the 26th. But I saw a poster with that slogan and stole it....

Ironically this is the battle that convinced the French that the Americans were worth supporting. And we won the information war because an American Privateer was dispatched to France with news of the victory, arriving 10 days before the British had any information about the battle at all.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,037 Likes on 17,927 Posts

Originally Posted by CrabbyPaddy
I AM the the boogy man!

Really ? come on over to my hood we'll see ........

Quick Reply: Was about to stop for a biker